Thanks for the idea! It's a pretty good one. The only map I can think of that uses that theme is ctf Wildfire (there are probably more). With a darker atmosphere it could work nicely, I'll keep it in consideration.
+ added building in blue staging area.
+ added fence in blue staging area.
- removed connector from blue staging area to A building.
- removed connect from A building flank to A>B courtyard.
- removed connector from A>B courtyard to B courtyard.
= changed ramp from D to C>D building into a drop down.
= raised skybox 64 units.
= slightly edited raised platform across from B point.
+ added trigger_teleport to red secondary spawn (red won't get stuck in their secondary spawn).
- almost completely remade point C
- switched to a sawmill/nightfall style, dark alpine theme
- added some geometry to the roofs
- raised skybox to accommodate these roofs
- removed cliff flank at B
- added a forward spawn for red for point C
- Reconfigured point D.
- Moved point C farther into the courtyard.
- Edited Reds third spawnroom and moved resupply cabinet to more convenient place.
- Added a small window room and window above the far platform on point B, it's accessible from the bridge room.
- Moved point A slightly out of the A building.
- Pushed Blue spawn back a bit.
- Overhauled building geometry and roofs.
- Some other minor details and stuff you won't care about and I can't remember.
- Started detailing parts of the map
- Added a path for red into the blue opening area upstairs.
- Sealed off low flank on last
- Added stair to upper flank on last
- Blocked off main sniper nest on last
- Minor details
You need to compile with -staticproplighting and -staticproppolys to get the pine tree models to not look like fullbright. However when doing this with a bunch of trees clumped up next to each other (not the cluster model itself, but actually having many tree props next to eachother), it can cause some dark black shadows on the trees. Thats why you should probably only have the pine trees at a distance, so you dont need to clump them up so much to create the illusion of a forest.
Compiling with -staticproppolys and -staticproplighting VS not using those (Note: the top of the tips being black was because I had them sticking slightly outside the skybox, moving the top skybox brush up to fit the trees in fixed this).