Dune (CP) [B11]

CP Dune (CP) [B11] 11.2.0

Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle submitted a new resource:

Dustdevil (CP) [B1] - Duke it out in the dunes for gravel-goodness... and oil, there's that, too!

Duke it out in the dunes for gravel-goodness... and oil, there's that, too!

Amidst the windswept Arabian dunes, RED has masked a massive missile site within their oil and rock mining operation. Inspired by classic TF2 and Counterstrike's Dust map, this three-stage attack/defense fortress challenges BLU to advance through control points (A-D) before confronting the pivotal point E.

Gameplay Highlights:
  • Stage 1 (A/B): BLU launches their assault against RED's...

Read more about this resource...

Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle updated Dustdevil (CP) [B1] with a new update entry:

Beta 2 Release

Eyo folks! I'm really hoping this version of Dustdevil can actually be played, as a lot of adjustments have been made for optimization and gameplay.

OPTIMIZATION:
  • FPS remains at 60-200 thanks to splitting the map in half.
  • About 2 hours of compile time to add more visleaves while balancing ent count, func_details, and brushwork.
  • Compression thanks to CompilePal's BSPZip support. Went from +60KB to +20KB.
  • Bones on any...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle updated Dustdevil (CP) [B2] with a new update entry:

Beta 2.5 Release

Howdy folks, seems like Dustdevil was well received, and a lot of insightful comments were left during playtesting to further aid in this map's development. This time I made sure, because originally I had no clue how to view demos, and then I finally around to setting it all up to view. Y'all found some goofy stuff to pull off in the dunes that I didn't even figure was possible!

This beta version both improves the small hints of map jank, as well as providing a better experience at...

Aug 5, 2023
Aug 5, 2023
Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle updated Dune (CP) [B3] with a new update entry:

First Stage Brush/Rope Fix (I Think?)

Fixed a gap issue in a wall near point B's left-hand flank, behind the Data Center, basically. Tiny lil' thing I noticed compared to what I could only assume to be a rope spazzing out, moving so quickly and rapidly I could see the pixels in the blur. Visual bug? Not sure. It was coincidentally the rope over that left-hand flank. I think it's gone; I simply removed the rope. Couldn't narrow down if it was the move rope or the keyframe-whatever.

Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle updated Dune (CP) [B3] with a new update entry:

Beta 4.0

Eyo folks, last test went very, "eh," but there was still some useful insight provided in some comments and the TF2Maps Discord.

OPTIMIZATION:
  • Brushes have been trimmed down.
  • The control points no longer have brushes made of func_brushes, and are now made of one/two func_details which both should help performance and looks generally better. AKA, less ents is good, I think.
GAMEPLAY:

GENERAL

• Adjusted cap...

Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle updated Dune (CP) [B4] with a new update entry:

Cubemaps, Sniper Spots, and a Lappy

Hey, so fun fact: CompilePal never actually compiled either LDR or HDR cubemaps for me. Thought maybe it bugged out at having to switch between LDR to HDR, but apparently it never even did LDR to start. With that said, previous bsp files would only have HDR cubemaps, and an attempt to make LDR cubemaps resulted in crashing because the file was already packed twice over. Now I know: Full basic compile, then build each of the cubemaps myself, then pack+repack. My bad!

Additionally, despite...

Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle updated Dune (CP) [B4] with a new update entry:

Beta 5.0 Release

I said screw it. Wasn't satisfied with beta 4 hitting TF2Maps testing servers, so we jumped to beta 5 and solved a lot of long-term issues with the map!

OPTIMIZATION:
  • More hint brushes to separate areas of the map! At the moment, I seem to sit around 90-120 fps, of course this depends on the PC. I've yet to stress-test the map on my laptop.
GAMEPLAY:

GENERAL

• Adjusted cap times and respawn wave times.
  • Added new...

Aug 5, 2023
Padre Snowmizzle updated Dune (CP) [B5] with a new update entry:

Point E: Mechanically Flawed Atm

Hey y'all! Still recovering from COVID, fairly certain I'm on the tail-end of it now. Starting to get a bit stir-crazy, but I'm pulling through.

Dune's testing cycles have been going fairly aight. I've gone ahead and adjusted respawn waves, health/ammo amounts, etc. to improve the quality of points B and D a bit. Here's the thing: E is this puzzle, and I cannot solve the puzzle. It's a flawed puzzle.

I've seen it compared to Hydro, Dustbowl last, which in that sense, good! It's intended to...