PL Dual Move

Burnout6010

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 14, 2012
I'm making paths from final points to B/D, but it wont be ready for this gameday, probably the next one...
I posted a screenshot from mid in WiP thread
oh and finally added correct timer :3

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
capturese.png

Trying to do something out of the ex-hangar (is out door area now)

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
this may seem stupid but you will find that having a blue cart outline will destroy your map's balance (I talk from experience). I had found a way to get a neutral outline but that got partially broken by the mvm update. I'll try to look into it again sometime to see if I can make a grey cart outline with the current version of the game.

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
We played this and here is a demo. You've got feedback in the feedback area also.

Haha that's so nice of you :D
I hope I can return the favor someday

@fubar, next alpha has full text messages on screen for RED and BLU

I made the cart have a gray outline, but after another compile it disappeared !

EDIT : The demo stops working at tick 40000, somehow
Host_EndGame: Error reading demo message data.

Last edited:

sitebender

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2012
First of all this is a brilliant idea. I've always wanted to see it and if someone did it before you.... I'm new :)

Anyway, the blue bots all end up piled in a corner on the scale. Perhaps hint nodes to them to make sure they go through the door?

The map looks and feels different. The walls have nice textures that make it feel like a different scenery.

The 4th points for each team need some sniper windows for the offensive team :) Otherwise the snipers end up like a minecraft trade server. The weapons and health in some places are hovering a little too high off the ground.

The final point seems needlessly high which you do have a rocket up there, but it seems baron. perhaps some catwalks underneath of the first iron beams?

At all points you need more clutter for cover. Clutter to hide sentries behind or pyros to set ambushes and even cover to just keep from getting directly shot :) Snipers can have a field day just waiting.

This does offer some really nice room to play all with the objective in mind. Good side paths to get around everyone.

I had some fun playing this and it will only get better with time :)

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
I'll think about everything you said for next alpha, I am also implementing a bit more height varation but it is a bit hard for someone who only used Hammer for a bit more than a year ;)

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
Herp A Derp my hard drive failed because it doesn't spin anymore. This is life or death sentence for DualMove

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
If I can find a mysterious way to save my HDD, I'll get the .vmfs back. Seagate won't ever give files back, but I'll maybe phone them because automatic answers are derpy.
If I don't get them back ... well this map would be dead for a moment : my moral is at 0 and I don't want to decompile it right now. I'll probably continue on my Alien Swarm campaign and come back to TF2 mapping later, and upload vmfs to Dropbox. I won't continue DualMove but do a new map project and only then I'll revive DualMove from Oblivion

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
you can always decompile the latest bsp you can find but yeah... sucks for you bro. I hear it's pretty expensive to recover data from a broken disk. what you describes sounds like a mechanical failure so you know the data on the disk is safe. but if your disk just stop spinning, did you check if the power cable was correctly plugged in and functional?

colacan

Apr 14, 2012
Well, the map looks good (see what I did there?)
Sorry to hear about that disk breaking, good luck with that.

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
I think I have a code 0 : the thingy inside the disk that reads the disk itself got stuck and reads nothing, the disk then doesn't spin up. I'll look into this
I just hope it isn't the logic board that is fried up, finding another one with the same firmware is very hard from what I hear

colacan

Apr 14, 2012
Lets hope that that's the case, else it's not going to be easy to get fixed.

Burnout6010

Oct 14, 2012
I have tried everything with this hard drive (Yes I even did the fridge trick) and it literally doesn't work. Just there beeping at me constantly. I have read it is an alimentation problem but I tried on 3 different comps. I think it can't be repaired without those 500E recovery services. My map and some photographies from some weeks ago don't value that much : I have a backup from September but DualMove isn't here, it's just my old PL_Station in A1