Dragon Slayer Mod Released!

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Fearlezz, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    DRAGON SLAYER MOD RELEASED!
    [​IMG]
    After two months of development the Dragon Slayer gamemode finally arrives to the community!

Firstly if you haven't heard of this mode i recommend to visit our website for detailed information:
    http://www.dragonslayer.tk/

Play it on : 85.234.148.41:27225[/B

At this moment i want you guys to check out two official dragon slayer gamemode maps:
    Extractum
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/68642
    and
    Mystic Ruins
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/68644

Prefabs are also released!
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/prefabs/2499

We really need as many servers as possible so everyone can try our gamemode. So if you're lucky owner of tf2 server, support us by adding our maps to your map cycle.

Official buglist : under this line, all bugs will be gathered so we know what we need to fix for v2.0. If you want to submit bug simply pm me with detailed description of the bug.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Very interesting, the idea is great! I'll make sure to check it out as soon as I'm able to.

3. What Is Schwa

What Is Schwa L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Dude, map props to you. This looks sweet, and I love anything that is a sincere attempt at a variation if gameplay.

I'll lobby to get these on my server.

4. Captain Planet

Captain Planet L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'll try to get this on our clan server

5. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    is this serious?

how awesome is this? :woot:

6. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    It's interesting, but mythic ruins' blu spawn needs to be fixed in terms of lighting, and the dragon needs about 20x more health. Also, not sold on the sentry idea, it ends up making blu go all soldier and attack from afar.

7. Fearlezz

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, Im glad you like it =)

8. Captain Planet

Captain Planet L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should make something that it can't be attack from far by rockets, because everyone just goes soldier now

9. ChickenHunter

ChickenHunter L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hilarious fun. But as said when its attack defence the dragon should have some more health

10. Psyphil

Psyphil L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Played this today and I really felt the need for a hud showing the dragons' health! Sometimes it felt like I didn't damaged it at all even if I did.

Also would be nice if grenades would explode on impact with the head, would feel better than throwing stickies and explode them at the right moment.
    And then what does usually happen with mechanics when it runs out of health? It explodes ofcourse! It doesn't turn to the other side :p
    Having setup time on a map which both teams attacks and defend isn't something I'm a fan of, I think it would be better to just remove it. And switching sides doesn't really fit into this kind of map either.

Last, the dragon's a little buggy when going near it, pushing ppl into the ground, ppl getting stuck beneath it kinda flying with it etc. I think putting a "clip" block around it would prevent people from getting stuck so easy.

Then a question:
    Does the dragon regain health over time or can you perhaps "heal" it as an engineer? Could be an idea if not..

(This experience is from playing ds_extractum only, the server I played on didn't like mystic ruins, much because of the dragon's lack of health)

11. Fearlezz

Positive Ratings:
    The dragon doesn't heal it self, and can not be healed. We are already working hard on a V2 of the mod. But we will not release it as soon as it's done. We will stand by and see if any other problems occur. If not. You will see a V2 within 2-3 weeks, or less.

12. Fearlezz

Positive Ratings:
    Play it on : 85.234.148.41:27225

13. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hmmz, haven't played it yet, but sounds interesting. But it's just made with only entities? No admin plugins?

I'm also working (in my head :p) on a working scoreboard for damage, if i finish it you can use it of course. Also I think I can make a better working "turret" and a good working healing system. But if you need help you can pm me.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  14. Fearlezz

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, its only made with entities and a model.

15. oxy

oxy L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did a second version of this ever come out?