Downstream

KotH Downstream RC2

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019
AlrexX submitted a new resource:

Silver Creek - King of the Hill map set in a quiet forest creek.

Red and Blue are fighting over control of a small creek in the middle of the forest. Why, you may ask? We may never know.

Yes, you read that right: despite all the theming, this is the first version of the map, thus making it A1. Let's say I got a bit carried away.

Oh and by the way, I took inspiration from 2fort. I think it shows a bit.

Read more about this resource...

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019
AlrexX updated Silver Creek with a new update entry:

Name change and first adjustments!

First of all, the name has been changed from Silvercreek to Downstream, which ties into how the creek starts at Red and ends at Blu. I might change it back depending on how it feels.

Secondly, after a small scale playtest I noticed that there were some issues with spawncamping, which I tried to tackle in this update. Other than that, the map seems to work pretty well, so that's good!

Changes:
- Turned nearest spawn exit into an elevated sniper's nest to create a one way drop for...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019
AlrexX updated Downstream with a new update entry:

A3: Second playtest adjustments!

First off, thanks to everyone who tested the map the other day, I got a lot of valuable feedback and footage to analyze! This update is an attempt to fix most of the issues that were detected in that playtest session.

- The point is now larger and more open, and also blocks some visibility for snipers posted up in sniper's nest.
- Back route into spawn is now one-way for non-jumping classes.
- Blocked off a corridor in spawn to simplify the layout.
- Adjusted HDR lighting values.
-...​

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019

A5 + future plans

Alright so, version A5 of this map was turned into a CTF map, so this version isn't the correct gamemode anymore... but that'll be fixed soon. I'm planning to have both CTF and KOTH variants of this map, as well as maybe a King of the Flag/Invade CTF variant at some point, which should be fun.

These are the changes made in this version:
- Reverted sniper's nest to how it was back in A1, a.k.a. no more sniper's nest.
- Blocked off one-way door into intel room.
- Reverted back route to how...

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019

A6: KOTH is back!

New versions for both KOTH and CTF are ready! Might also make that new KOTF version I was thinking of doing, but that'll come in a future update.

Changes:
- Re-added KOTH logic, separated CTF and KOTH versions.
- Removed old sewers stairs and replaced with new set closer to intel room.
- Added basic 3D skybox.
- Fixed intel room blinds so they now open with a trigger instead of on touch.
- Fixed clipping on some roofs.

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019

A7: Arena time!

So yeah, after some suggestions on a playtest I'm gonna try this map with the Arena gamemode, which is a mode I'm pretty unfamiliar with so don't be surprised if I fucked something up.

Changes:
- Removed pipes over back route to allow rocket jumping.
- Simplified rock formation near the front of spawn and added ammo pickup next to the health pickup.
- Rotated some rocks to widen the route to the bridge.
- Changed some brushes on the bridge to make jumping through the side less frustrating...

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019

A8: Getting closer to Beta

New update for all variants of the map! I'm thinking next version will be the first beta version, since I'm already working on the last few buildings that are left completely blank, and from there all that's left is polishing, finishing up the visuals and optimizing.
I know working on detailing from the start wasn't the greatest idea, but honestly I might try this workflow again, lol. Not only is it a lot faster, it helps me stay motivated to see a full project the whole way...​

AlrexX [she/they]

eater of titty skittles
Server Staff
Jul 31, 2019

B1: Beta time!

A new update is here! This time the changes have been exclusively visual, besides a few minor fixes. However, this does officially mark the beginning of the Beta stage, since the layout is at a point where I'm happy with how it works for each different gamemode.

Changes:
- Added Stiffy360's Aspen Trees, which I'm super happy with. They really bring the whole forest together! If you wanna use them too you can find them...​