dm_dora

DM dm_dora upd1

bullhammer59

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2016
dm_dora - A cramped city environment inspired by xen0n's 'cyberpunk'

A surrealist and cyberpunk-esque deathmatch map that takes place in tightly knit alleyways and street corners.

This map is my personal love letter to the silly and objectiveless maps that were plentiful around 2008-2015.

This map is a work-in progress. I still have a lot of plans for it, but feel free to test it out in its' current state.

This map contains a fair amount of custom textures and a small selection of music.

ATTENTION SERVER OWNERS - enter tf_allow_player_use 1 into the developer console and have a key bound to +use in order to interact with a lot of the features in the map (doors, buttons, etc)

KNOWN ISSUES:
-custom sprite textures are missing on some clients

To Do:
-Add a 3D skybox
-Lighting overhaul
-Finish artpass of existing buildings

Last edited:

bullhammer59

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2016
I have been sitting on this version for months and months, and it brings some much needed changes. Originally intended to be uploaded sooner but the hard drive that had the files on it began to break down and had to be professionally restored. I have the files once again so I've updated it and repacked the content properly! No more missing sprite errors.

-3D skybox (unfinished)
-properly packed sprites
-hidden readme
-new world geometry, textures
-better lighting in some areas

I don't know how much more I will be updating this map, but if I do it will be very minor changes. I've pretty much declared this a dead project as I've learned a great deal from working on it. I really hope you can find some enjoyment from this.
Also, there are 2 very secret secrets to be found. My map release trailer has a hint to one.

Read the rest of this update entry...