Devil's Half Acre

PL Devil's Half-acre Final release

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I've just put out the final version, thanks to everyone who has played this map over the last few months, thanks even more to everyone who has provided feedback and an even bigger thanks to.. me.. for running the contest that got everyone doing single stage pl maps :D

The final filesize is just under 60Kb - a big improvement on hoodoo, but not a patch on furnace creek (pre laser)
very few tweaks to the final version from rc2 since I was pretty happy with rc2.

And lastly: if you're reading this valve, you know what to do :p

Last edited:

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Wow, 60kb? I'm impressed, you've really outdone yourself Youme!

But really, I'm impressed by the map, fantastic work and I hope Valve picks it up as one of the first custom PL maps.

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Yes, I do. Makes it easier to look for a specific custom map. Well, and it looks more polished with the menu thumb included.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I dont use it but im pretty sure if Valve is going to use it then they will want them. See WE care!

Some of the customs they've included don't have them, joshuaC said they only have one for watchtower because he took the time to make one, heyo didn't and egypt apparently has none.....

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Yeah Icarus, I get it: No one CARES if the pic is there or not ;_;

I'm not sure, did Valve make the pictures to Steel, Turbine and Fastlane? If they did, then Junction and Egypt will get a pic, too.

B2T: Top notch map Youme, even better than Hoodoo imho.