Debugging entities, output in console?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MacNetron, Jan 3, 2010.

1. MacNetron

MacNetron L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Debugging entities, output in console? [solved]

Been a long time since I fired up Hammer, so my entity knowledge is a bit rusty.
    But I do know for sure there is a command to show the output of all entities that get triggered, but I cannot remember the command... :blushing:

For instance, when capping a CP and having an Output defined OnCapTeamX, logic_relay_Y, Trigger, ... it shows this event in the console.

I had my hopes on ent_messages_draw 1, but that is showing things in game, not in console (and severely slowing down the pc).
    Anybody knows this command to show all events triggered by entities in the console?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    well , you could use a point_servercommand and use echo messages to print stuff to the console

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    developer 2

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. MacNetron

MacNetron L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thnx Pseudo! The developer 2 was indeed the command I was looking for. I already tried developer 1, thinking it just required a switch (ie. 0 - 1) :p

martijntje, I'll have a look at your suggestion too. Might be an useful method for just getting one specific output :)