Custom PLR server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaw

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 21, 2009
Absolutely :D

Ok guys, just waiting on confirmation email from my hosting provider, then I'll be done in about 4 hours or so (Getting it ALL set up :p)

EDIT: Yes, more dissapointment after dissapointment, hardly what I imagined.

Due to the way in which I payed, they need 'manual verification' :mad: so that means they have to forward it to the manager - great! Which means it will take him about 12 hours to reply! Awsm!! :(

Last edited:

Gaw

Apr 21, 2009
If you would be so kind Ascent could use more hosting. :)

Ascent will be added :)

Will also update any other maps that have had newer versions released :thumbup1:

I have finnaly gotten hosting, and it works! All that is left now is to install PsychoStats again, and ratemap, and we are good to go!

*Please note, I have said this about 6 times now, but this time I am 99.tf2% sure that everything will be set up in the next 18 hours.

Gaw

Apr 21, 2009
I am very sorry about this guys, but I am going to have to not go ahead with the custom PLR server.

PLR is a very very new gamemode; as such, there are very few PLR maps. That is one of the issues: Not enough maps to keep an audience happy, and to give feedback.

All of the PLR maps that are out now; are in early stages of development, which players might find annoying. These reasons coupled, would not keep players active on the server, and as such again, they would not provide feedback, and the server would be empty nearly all the time, except for the developers themselves.

There is also the issue of strain.. Since the maps are in such an early development, I would have to update the maps, every single day. I just can't do that on my bandwith realistically.

If I was to go ahead with it, it just wouldn't work.

I hope to go ahead with it in the future, when it would work.. But right now, it's not a viable thing. Sorry :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.