CTF_Smallfort (BETA version)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Cdsand, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Cdsand

Cdsand L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    This thread is obsolete. Look for cp_camp_crossover in finished maps.

2. JizzardKing

JizzardKing Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Looks really good cdsand, I hope you get it playtested soon.

Let us know how it plays.

3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    I have this in my map folder, but still haven't gotten tested yet. But tommorow is Friday, so I'll have all the time in the world :) I'll let you know what I think soon.

4. Jao

Jao L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I tested yesterday when you posted the link in the chatroom and it's a very great first attempt in my opinion! As its name say it, it's a small map! Personally, I wouldn't play it with 23 others players because of its size but a 6 on 6 could be awesome! You get the mood and the style of the TF2 universe, you just need some optimization here and there ! ;)

5. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Wow that maps looks awesome. It could be a cool skirmish map between 2 small teams.

6. Cdsand

Positive Ratings:
    The final is optimized further. I wont release it until the new SDK comes out and I get this beta tested.

7. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Just played through it, and I second the other posts, very good work :) Just 3 real problems I noticed. One, the water has purple checkers. Two, in the Blu flag room there's a gray box in the corner that seems really out of place. And also in the Blu flag room, the cabinet isn't against the wall, there's a huge gap. All points considered though, very nicely done. Are the hills in the backround part of the skybox, or did you add those manually?

8. Cdsand

Positive Ratings:
    All of those problems you stated (are/are going to be) fixed in the final. And I used my own displacement for the hills.