ctf_pool

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Jazz, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Jazz

Jazz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    ctf_pool

Hey, this is ctf_pool version 1. If you find any errors in the map please tell me and I will try to update!

DEMO VIDEO: This shows a walk through of the map. NOTE: The suicide at the end was me, it doesn't actually do that when you cap.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ETtq17tNB4"]YouTube - ctf_pool demo[/ame]

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Looks good but a few comments.

1. feels very boxy. the skybox as well, maybe add mroe trees and block off some angles.

2. the doors have a pause before opening. Increase the trigger area or increase the speed.

3. Water lower/raise is a cool idea, but i didnt see a "how to" decal over the button, most players will be lost.

4. The water concrete "lillys" seem like wasted space. Because there is little advantage and more of a disadvantage to going out onto them. It'll make you a simple target.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  3. Jazz

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the criticism, I have made a list of what I could improve on with v2.

4. TotalMark

TotalMark L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    The buildings are great, a little more detail would be nice.

I like the doors although as DJive said they need to open faster.

The scout shouldn't be able to touch the door, it should open before he gets there, is a good benchmark.:cool1:

5. Jazz

Positive Ratings:
  6. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    The tunnels in the water are quite impressive. Also, I know the song is by Bad Religion, but I just can't figure out the name.

7. Jazz

Positive Ratings:

Seriously? The song is titled Social Suicide.

Also, thanks.