ctf_flagrun

CTF ctf_flagrun b3

rabidhyperfocus

L1: Registered
Aug 25, 2020
rabidhyperfocus submitted a new resource:

ctf_flagrun concept - flagrun's ctf in tf2

I know its probably very low quality and lotsa people aren't gonna like it... cus it really only took me a few days to put together... but, it is flagrun - with 4 flags, and the win condition being obtaining all four flags. That being said it probably breaks a lot of unspoken rules of TF2 mapmaking that I don't know about because I'm a noob. But it works, and that's all that matters to me.

Of course this isn't the final product, I'm gonna update it and add to it as I go along and make it...

Read more about this resource...

rabidhyperfocus

Aug 25, 2020
rabidhyperfocus updated ctf_flagrun concept with a new update entry:

Changed some things around

-Finally swapped RED and BLU bases.
-Changed the flag models to be actual flags, special thanks to TitanT who made the models, link to the page here: https://tf2maps.net/threads/team-fortress-classic-styled-flags.38054/
-Added an 8 minute timer; when it runs out, the team with the most flags wins.
-Wait, what? Both teams have an equal number of flags? Well I covered that too! When that happens, a 5th flag appears at mid; grab it and simply cap it at your base to win the stalemate!

Read the rest of this update entry...

rabidhyperfocus

Aug 25, 2020
rabidhyperfocus updated ctf_flagrun with a new update entry:

Complete and total overhaul

The more I worked on it, the less satisfied I was with how the layout turned out, so I decided to completely remake the map from the ground up, and really put some actual effort into it. That being said, it is still pretty jank and far from complete. But I am so much more happy with the layout and will very likely move forward with it.
Hell, I even went through the hell that is decompiling the original and porting it to source just so I can get the measurements correct. For the record, this...

rabidhyperfocus

Aug 25, 2020

Changed some more things around

- Redid logic from the ground up so that it more reliably tracks who has what flag
- Added func_capturezones so that bots can understand the gamemode to some janky extent. No other nav entities like sniper spots or any engie support though. Does not ship with a nav mesh either cus I'm not screwin with that, use nav_generate if you really wanna play with bots
- Temporarily removed the tie breaker mechanic for the time being, so as to not give myself a headache. Matches where the flags are...

rabidhyperfocus

Aug 25, 2020

Changed some things around

- touched up the flag rooms to have a bit more of a personality, the most drastic additions being windows that can see into adjacent storehouses of some kind
- replaced some textures. so many yet so few good ones i just cant decide...
- gave red's flag house some roofs and extra brush detail. blu got the raw end of the stick here, i admit i was a little impatient
- added the team specific doors leading into the flag rooms, from the original
- i think i may have also lit up some areas that...