CS:Go Configs Help plus CS:GO Hammer Help

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Does anyone know any good CS:GO configs to help with frame rates, I just started to play csgo for the first time and the frame rates are low, and I want to have better preformus. There is a very good cogfig site for TF2 but I need one for CS:GO. I have found only one site for CS:GO however that website would not let me sign in.

Edit: Also I would like to know how to get in CS:GO version of Hammer. I went in the same place as you would get into for TF2 Hammer but within the CS:GO folder and its nothing is saying Hammer. I did look into video as it looks like I need to download the Hammer from another place, but why would CS:GO Hammer needed to be downloaded from a separate place. Should it be in the same area as the TF2 Hammer.

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

This video might help. This guy's channel is all about trying to improve performance of popular games on low-end computers. Regardless of how low-end your computer is, the commands shown can still improve performance.

VEssex

L2: Junior Member
May 19, 2016
Does anyone know any good CS:GO configs to help with frame rates, I just started to play csgo for the first time and the frame rates are low, and I want to have better preformus. There is a very good cogfig site for TF2 but I need one for CS:GO. I have found only one site for CS:GO however that website would not let me sign in.

Edit: Also I would like to know how to get in CS:GO version of Hammer. I went in the same place as you would get into for TF2 Hammer but within the CS:GO folder and its nothing is saying Hammer. I did look into video as it looks like I need to download the Hammer from another place, but why would CS:GO Hammer needed to be downloaded from a separate place. Should it be in the same area as the TF2 Hammer.
You have to download it. TF2 has it's hammer due to the SteamPipe update which overhauled the files for it and other titles. (And broke or limited you from launching hammer for those affected titles from the Source SDK.) So with CS:GO, you have to get the CS:GO SDK (Under tools in Steam.)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I should warn you: Loading up a decompile of Inferno (the only map post-Newke that can really be decompiled, as Valve have started using a new feature that consolidates groups of props into more complex meshes and then packing them) causes even my computer to chug, and I can play the game itself just fine even in Linux. So you're going to be limited in how complex of a map you can make before Hammer becomes a slideshow. That's probably down to the high resolutions of the new textures plus the lack of any LODs whatsoever.