cp_thalassophobia

CP cp_thalassophobia b5e

MM1011

L1: Registered
Apr 15, 2023
Some feedback after playtesting b4b:

Firstly, our players generally liked the map! There were two common points of criticism.

1. The map is not very confusing, but navigation was still somewhat challenging overall. The different paths feel very samey, visually. The points lack eye catching detail. In particular, Blue would often just run past A to B.

2. Players like the underwater theme but don't feel it was executed very strongly, visually. The strongest feature is really the gear at the end and the map ends up feeling more industrial than "undersea science base" as a result.

For 1, I think the main thing is just increasing the number of visual elements that scream "the point is here!" to the player. The black-on-black of the points themselves just sort of washes over our players. I like the idea of team colored rim lighting myself, but anything would help!

For 2, I think players would appreciate just more underwater anything. Dripping water from windows, more flooding, lighting caustics. Another thing is that the giant underwater windows are neat, but there's nothing to see out there. The general 'darkness' of the outside also blends in with the darker than typical inside of the base. Even the giant windows on B are somewhat easy to gloss over because of this.