cp_subscatter

CP cp_subscatter a3

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
hutty submitted a new resource:

cp_subscatter - A 4cp attack/defense map that contains a mysterious malfunctioning device

A 4cp attack/defense map that contains a mysterious malfunctioning device

The device is a "Temporal Reactor" on a 20sec cycle it violently shoots out spokes in all directions breaking various walls and opening routes. And then 20sec later reverses its local time to pull the spokes back in, repairing anything the spokes destroyed.

Also point B heavily involves water

Other than that its a asym 4 point attack-defend map.

Map is intended for the Stack the Deck contest
- hutty

Read more about this resource...

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
hutty updated cp_subscatter with a new update entry:

A3 - Major Overhaul

A3 overhauls the layout for the first 3 points and changes some things about the 4th

Global Changes:

All periodic walls now have 3 seconds of flashing before they re-solidify to warn players that its going to happen. Also getting caught in a wall that re-solidifies no longer keeps you stuck, instead teleporting players to a nearby position.

Red has an additional forward spawn so they can keep the pressure for points A and B.

Point A:
- Now rotated to start facing towards mid (for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

MM1011

L1: Registered
Apr 15, 2023
Some feedback after a pretty quick and dirty playtest:

• The theme is very strong on paper (fighting in a time looped exploding reactor), but it currently doesn't come through very well. A decent chunk of the reason why is purely detailing, but another decent chunk is that the gameplay gimmick doesn't feel well integrated in the first three points, at least from BLU's perspective. The gimmick is strongest on the last point, but I think you want to proverbially slap your players in the face with it right away.
  • Speaking of the gimmick, on the last point, BLU quickly figured out that the disappearing walls that overlooked the point was the strongest place to push from. This led to BLU grouping up there and waiting for the wall to come down. This isn't necessarily a negative, per se, as it created a rare opportunity for BLU to move as a large group on a casual server (which was fun!), but my point is that a design that leads to large amounts of waiting should be examined critically.
  • I was originally hoping to see the gimmick used to dynamically alter the battlefield, but in practice it mostly was used to open and shut off routes. I would very much like to see more dynamic fighting areas. For example, thinking about how RED could have a very strong sentry position that becomes vulnerable periodically when cover disappears, or having disappearing floors over hazards (not necessarily pits, acid floors seem thematic, for example).