Resource icon

CP cp_Saluzzo a1

Average Tiddy Goth GF

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2019
Hi

First things first; In terms of design this map looks promising, I like the Italian castle aesthetic it seems to be going for. Obviously this looks to be still in VERY early development and with more detailing i'm sure the design is going to stick out a lot more clearly.

I did come across a few slightly more glaring issues than the still WIP map geometry and sealing;

1: On Stage 1 it is very easy for RED to spam stickies (and the odd rocket if you jump up far enough) straight into BLU's spawn location.
1.JPG

Addendum 1.a:
2.JPG

2: At the end of Stage 1, 2nd CP it is incredibly easy to begin spawn-trapping and spawn-killing the entirety of RED if BLU makes an effective enough push or a demoman sneaks by.
3.JPG

3: The BLU spawn in Stage 2 of the map has the big gate which is properly closed and doesn't let anyone on BLU leave the spawn, the same cannot be said for the smaller exit out of spawn. It does show the no-entrance symbol but BLU is able to simply walk out and head towards the CPs through this exit. In addition to how quickly CP1 on stage 2 can be capped, it gives BLU a huge head-start.
4.JPG

4: RED spawn on stage 2 is completely open to all manners of Spawncamping from the ground level and the shutter door on the balcony above opens for both teams, allowing BLU to become very oppressive given the right circumstances.
5.JPG

Addendum 4.a:
6.JPG

Additionally to the issues shown and described above I gotta personally say that the layout for Stage 2 is kind of confusing and I got myself lost on the first look around. The whole back section which is probably intended as a flank route for BLU to approach CP2 from a different angle catches the eye more as the main path with how big it is. Some of the buildings along this route could use with some more doors and opportunities to reach the open middle section neighbouring CP2 under RED's spawn.

All in all; I like the design idea you've had here and the general aesthetic is definitely starting to sprout and convey itself, there's still quite a bit of work left to do no doubt. Looks promising however!

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 11