Resource icon

CP cp_riverfork Beta 4

BXXD

L1: Registered
Aug 27, 2023
BXXD updated cp_riverfork_a1 with a new update entry:

cp_riverfork_a2

UPDATE:

Added Attackers' spawn area (not yet fully functional and furnished) and extended the area of the map.
Screenshot 2023-09-21 180955.png

Added Defenders' spawn room (not yet fully functional and furnished) and gave access to rooftop of the fortress.
Screenshot 2023-09-21 181055.png
Added additional wall at the back of the map, and a few rock models.
Screenshot 2023-09-21 181024.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

BXXD

Aug 27, 2023
BXXD updated cp_riverfork with a new update entry:

PLAYTEST FINISHED

Thanks for the playtest! I'll make sure to fix the map up a bit more so I can release it as finished! So far the most common issues are:
  • The slopes. When I made this map, I wanted to challenge myself by making an outdoors map. Admittedly I sucked at the terrain building part. I'll make sure to fix that.
  • The caps. More specifically, C cap. It's good to see the map get playtested so that I can figure out if the cap timing is too one-sided. Will fix that quickly.
  • The texture...

BXXD

Aug 27, 2023
BXXD updated cp_riverfork with a new update entry:

REDO

Been a verrrryy long while...

As the title implies, I will do a whole redo of the map.

Reason being is 1) I'm in a new PC and did not backup any of the files, and 2) I was not entirely happy with how the map was in its last state. The major problem was OPTIMIZATION!

I also feel that I could rework the layout since many people held the same criticism (and a very valid one, at that) that the map was too flat. I used a lot of models to add flavor to the terrain instead of...