CP_Redstone

skdr

L1: Registered
Jan 14, 2008
That planet is there just for looks. This map is based on a small space station in a small planet and that planet is giving the impression we're not "at home". Still things to tweak but I think it fits nicely there. Of course, oversized antennas on the surface makes it look more like TF2 ;)

I'd like to hear opinions on this from others too. Suggestions are always welcome.

Rock

L2: Junior Member
Jan 18, 2008
I'm impressed. Looking forward to when the playable version comes out. Really like that first screen shot with the rocket and what looks like low lying clouds.

Rocks-UberBar.png

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Those new screen shots look amazing. I think it looks as good as if not better than the Valve maps from what i can see in the screenshots.

P.Jauri

Feb 6, 2008
Hi all!

Here's some 2d stuff I've made for the map. The travel ad is for the diners wall and the cosmonaut piece will be used somewhere on the red side as a propaganda poster.

Enjoy!

Pekka Jauri

2d_mars.jpg

2d_cosmo.jpg

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
skdr, are you the same skdr that maps/mapped? for dod source? i think you made a map with the most amazing 3d skybox with a forest and mountain backgrounds. or maybe im just crazy.

sailfin

Jan 28, 2008
whoa, i really like the little planet with the radar. How did you make that? maya? i cant wait to try it :p

P.Jauri

Feb 6, 2008
Planet and the radar were modelled in 3ds Max, though planet's appearance mostly comes from hand-painted diffuse-texture and normalmap.

skdr

Jan 14, 2008
skdr, are you the same skdr that maps/mapped? for dod source? i think you made a map with the most amazing 3d skybox with a forest and mountain backgrounds. or maybe im just crazy.
Yeah, I did some mapping for dod source but I can't recall making a forest map :)

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
I like the way your outside looks, which is probably attributed to the sun values you're using. Are you using yellow for ambience? I'd love to see your values, it's sometimes hard to find a sun that looks the best.

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
Looking excellent. Very busy from the screenshots, must have taken you lots of time to do, but I am absolutely looking forward to playing it.

Got an ETA on a beta?!