Resource icon

CP CP_Dustbeach a1g

Sep 7, 2021
ItsOnlyMilky submitted a new resource:

CP_Dustbeach - Dustbowl's larger, more handsome grandson

'Dustbeach' is a project I've been working on for some 6 months now. The map is a ground-up reimagining of the classic Dustbowl map with a new British seaside aesthetic, courtesy of the Frontline and London packs.

The first stage is the town and lighthouse; BLU starts on the beach and must fight into a nearby mechanic's shop, before proceeding further into town to capture the pub. The defender's spawn is easy to find- it's now underneath the lighthouse!

The second stage is the beach...

Read more about this resource...

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Did a quick run-through by myself and noticed a couple big issues. Nothing that stops the map from working, but pretty glaring nevertheless.

First off, the map's fullbright. You probably have a leak somewhere that needs patching. Your water's buggy too, and doesn't render itself of anything below it unless you dive into it. All the water in the map is like this, but here's BLU's spawn since that best illustrates the issue.

cp_dustbeach_a10000.jpg

Also, these trigger brushes (probably intended to be trigger_hurt?) are solid and visible. I've had this happen before, you probably just turned them into normal brushes by mistake.

cp_dustbeach_a10001.jpg

The 3rd stage seems to be lacking signs as well? There's a few pointing towards A, but B has nothing. It seems like there's only two ways to get there-- the long underground tunnel and the beachfront chokepoint, but neither of these paths were very obvious and I only found them by stumbling into them.

I hope you fix these soon! I'd love to give this map a proper run-through when it looks as intended!

Sep 7, 2021
Hi SnickerPuffs! Thanks for this, seems I uploaded a 'fast' render with no RAD instead of the published version. Currently re-publishing to include some bug fixes, result will be up tomorrow!

Sep 7, 2021
ItsOnlyMilky updated CP_Dustbeach with a new update entry:

Bugfix patch

'FIxed' issues with new Spawn rooms by disabling the spawn points within them for now.
Added several clips and func_details
Fixed some doors
Added lights to several rooms
Added water exit to Lighthouse spawn
Fixed spawn room doors not activating properly on the final point
Added a second defender's spawn room on the final point and moved half the spawn points into it
Added signage to final point to make the location of the point itself more obvious

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sep 7, 2021

A1b bugfix and lighting update

Added more signage to the final point.
Fixed lighting throughout
Added more lighting throughout
Disabled extra spawn rooms for now to prevent spawning issues (RED team spawning in a BLU spawn point? Strange times.)
Added a second defender's spawn room to the final point and moved half the spawn points there to better mimic the original map

Sep 7, 2021

Lighting and Door fixes

-Fixed door in defender's spawn (final point)
-Fixed door of additional spawn (second point)
-added and adjusted lights throughout

known errors;
-Red defender spawn doors (final point) do not close
-Rock on final stage 1st point juts out of the sand incorrectly
-final stage 1st point lacking lighting in some areas
-lights throughout baked in too bright