cp_dockyard

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I've come over here from www.coltsplayground.net we're a community based in the UK and we have one server at the moment and will probably be expanding in the near future. We've got a few mappers, myself as one of them. I wan't to do a comunity based map and as the number of mappers over there is quite small I've come looking here, where mappers are bountiful.
I've made a thread about it here, at coltsplayground.net and i've devided the map up into sections like so:

Areas:
  • Blu CP 1 (includes the first spawn)
    Taken by - Youme
  • Blu CP 2 (includes second spawn and the large room next to the CP and the corridor on the other side)
    Taken by - bazola
  • Center nutral CP (includes the surrounding outdoor area and both Red and Blu final spawns)
    Taken by - TStrike
  • Red CP 2 (includes second spawn and the large room next to the CP and the corridor on the other side)
    Taken by - Poopster101
  • Red CP 1 (includes the first spawn)
    Taken by - Colt Seavers
  • Skybox
    Taken by - Jimbomcb
These parts are not huge and there will be very little pressure on you to work quickly. They are nice manageable chunks :)
The map is here for you to download, please don't put it on any public servers though, if you want to play it publicly go on 81.19.219.104:27015 and ask an admin to set it as the next map.

Last edited:

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
I have my doubts on maps that are shared with other mappers, its not the same style and hard to keep it consistent. But it's possible :)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
How about some screen shots? I don't want to sign up to colts playground :D

Not really worthy of screenshots at the moment just download the map, its only 6mb. If you are too lazy to download it and install it manually hop on 81.19.219.104:27015 and ask an admin to queue it up next.

Here are some pics anyway middle CP 1 middle CP 2
(I retextured that skybox model you can see filling the screen so its not ultra low res anymore)

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
For new interest here is the map files(bsp and vmf), with all the custom textures you will need.

poopster101

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2008
sounds good. i want the red cp2 but depending on how big of an area i am working on i might want a partner :)

bazola

L1: Registered
Feb 12, 2008
I like this idea. I'm a new mapper and I would like to throw my hat into the ring for the last available section of the map. I'm mostly looking for practice and this is a good way to structure it.

From what I understand, Blue CP 2 is the second spawn, the hallway outside of it, the room with the CP, and the room after the CP?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yes, it is. You can download it and work on it at your own leisure, there isn't any pressure to finish quickly as I'm spending most of my time on my map for the contest.

Thats all the places filled that :)

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
I like this idea. I'm a new mapper and I would like to throw my hat into the ring for the last available section of the map. I'm mostly looking for practice and this is a good way to structure it.

From what I understand, Blue CP 2 is the second spawn, the hallway outside of it, the room with the CP, and the room after the CP?

Eyyyyy, Scorpius!