cp_close_quarters

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
Floating spawn points will only fix problems when the players get stuck when spawning. I'm not sure why you're suddenly getting errors and leaks, Geuel. My only thought about the leak going straight through the roof is that the brush making up that roof isn't a world brush anymore. Try selecting it and hitting the "to world" button to make sure it is indeed a world brush. If that doesn't work I'd probably delete it and recreate the brush entirely.

EDIT:
Just re-read your post Geuel. If I understand you correctly, are you making EVERYTHING a func_detail? If that's so then you've got a real problem. Your map needs to be considered like an airtight container. Everything has to be neatly boxed up inside. You've got to have world brushes serving as the walls, ceiling and floor of your container. Not only that, but for large interior areas of your map (the inside of a building for instance) that should be made out of world brushes as well. World brushes help block visibility. If you make everything into func_details you might lower your compile times, but it's far more likely that when people are playing your map they'll be rendering the ENTIRE map whether they can actually see it all or not.

Hopefully I misunderstood you and you haven't gone around making your entire map out of func_detail brushes. If you have then please go to THIS SITE and read the func_detail chapter. The visleafs, hints and areaportals chapters are all helpful in understanding how the compile process handles things as well.

Last edited:

Geuel

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2008
Floating spawn points will only fix problems when the players get stuck when spawning. I'm not sure why you're suddenly getting errors and leaks, Geuel. My only thought about the leak going straight through the roof is that the brush making up that roof isn't a world brush anymore. Try selecting it and hitting the "to world" button to make sure it is indeed a world brush. If that doesn't work I'd probably delete it and recreate the brush entirely.

EDIT:
Just re-read your post Geuel. If I understand you correctly, are you making EVERYTHING a func_detail? If that's so then you've got a real problem. Your map needs to be considered like an airtight container. Everything has to be neatly boxed up inside. You've got to have world brushes serving as the walls, ceiling and floor of your container. Not only that, but for large interior areas of your map (the inside of a building for instance) that should be made out of world brushes as well. World brushes help block visibility. If you make everything into func_details you might lower your compile times, but it's far more likely that when people are playing your map they'll be rendering the ENTIRE map whether they can actually see it all or not.

Hopefully I misunderstood you and you haven't gone around making your entire map out of func_detail brushes. If you have then please go to THIS SITE and read the func_detail chapter. The visleafs, hints and areaportals chapters are all helpful in understanding how the compile process handles things as well.

Yeah, I reasoned it out for myself. Like I said...I was hitting Ctrl+T thinking it was some kind of "Properties" or "Options" menu, so I thought I was checking to see if my objects were func_detail, when I was actually turning them into func_details.

But yeah, I toWorlded everything and the leaks disappeared.

=)