cp_castle4, WIP

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
Bah, we can't all copy Valve exactly. That's not exciting :(

XSI is free, so I don't feel like a criminal downloading max. Although, I was going through an XSI tutorial and HALF OF MY TOP MENUS ARE MISSING! WTF?

I got pretty upset.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I had a problem with not having the 'valvesource' menu at the top but velvet fist directed me to a download for the plugin and that was that sorted, I believe the mod tool version doesn't have all the menus from the proper version but I might be mistaken

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
So it doesn't make sense that they give video tutorials with the mod tool, but use menu options that don't exist in the one they give for download.

:(

Ace

L3: Member
Feb 15, 2008
I was looking at XSI, let me know if you get anywhere with it. I think there was a big update to it since the tutorials were made so loads of stuff has moved, all the shorcut keys seem to be the same but you have ti hunt a bit for the menu options. Also it doesn't help that in the tut they don't start with a clean install, some things are set up on the video and not factory new =/

P.S. Server loves your map generally, but mixed views on the very last section and the new first cap.

Dec 25, 2007
Also, XSI has different menu layout settings, that you can find in View, Layouts. IIRC, the one used in the mod tool video tutorials is called "Mod_Layout", which is an addon that is probably not in the full XSI.

Someone was having issues with that layout not being there in the view layouts menu, but a reinstall fixed that.