ALPHA 9

-Removed new one way door.
-Removed flanking route at last point.
-Removed health around first point.
-Added height diffrence around last point

Walker

L2: Junior Member
Oct 22, 2009
Played this earlier. The metal barriers around the first point were just in the way, and didn't serve any real point. Get rid of them. There were a bunch of places where the brushes didn't line up exactly right too, I think I pointed them all out to you in game. If you need, I can go through later and get screenshots. Also, why is there a stack of boxes at the side of the first point instead of an actual ramp, or stairs? By the time someone manages to get all those jumps in, they're almost certainly going to have their faces blown off by a defender.

When attacking the second point, BLU didn't have much health. There was a medium in this one room, but they had to go past the main alley to the point to reach it, forcing them to dodge tons of spam. The only other health available to them was a small one in a room waaaay behind the front line. It doesn't even look like you can enter that room from the door facing BLU's spawn, the door is so low. You can, of course, but it doesn't look like it.

Speaking of BLU's spawn, make your respawnvisualizers actually visual. I was quite confused when I got ubered on defense and couldn't go in there.

Tyker

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 1, 2009
Just a reminder of my thoughts during the gameday: There are too many props involved with the gameplay. Get some brushwork in there too. For example, the 3 trucks at the last point could be a lot more fun if there was some brushwork there for blue to take cover behind instead of dumping them in the open. Ofc, it depends on the easyness to cap the point but as this is the first stage of a dustbowl style map, I think it should be easier to cap by blue.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
ALPHA 10

-Replaced all health on map.
-Added balcony
-Fixed some mapping fails
-Made new ramp to cp 1
-Removed the hydro barries from cp 1
-Capping cp1 now gives 3min extra time instead of 5.

Last edited:

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
ALPHA 10B

-Minor changes all around.

If this version plays well, i start working on Stage 2.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
I think the defenders need to have a bit more oh a choke in the connector between 1-2. Because the distance between each point is so short the defenders can push forward pretty easily.

ricardojvc6

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 8, 2009
I really loved this map :D This map has future. I like the theme and all.. but you got to fix the roof :D

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Alpha 13 (Hopefully last alpha before stage 2.)

- Fixed broken areaportal.
- Fixed leak on map.
- Improved skybox
- Changed small ammo box at boxes on last cp to medium.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Doctor, it's alive!

STAGE 1 B

- Fixed map breaking the server.
- Some more optimization.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
This truck is a tad too tall for that overhang, or vice versa.

Other than that, I can't really comment on anything else. I'd like to play the other stages of this to tell you whether this stage is too easy or too hard to cap (first stage of multistage CP/PL should usually cap 75% of the time).

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I watched demos and all, but i have really hard time to put my finger on this.
At times it felt it was way too easy to win, at times it felt really hard to win.

But few things i managed to note tough.

- I need move the blue spawn doors to avoid red spamming the shit out of spawn doors.
- Sentry placed front of truck under the balcony at last cp is really powerful, i think i need redo the balcony area.
- I need modify the balcony next to red spawn doors to make it less useful for spawn camping red.
- Red needs 3rd exit out of their spawn.
- I also think i need make last cp cap tiny bit faster.
- I need also remove the metal barrier near first cp, because it does nothing but gets on your way.

In other news, stage 2 is 60% complete.
Expect to see some teasers when i have free time to mess with photoshop. :p

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
UPDATE

Conveyance%20WIP.png

Here is red 3rd exit that is on balcony near last cp, it is there to stop spawn camping to give red change to strike back even when enemy is on the point.

Conveyance%20WIP%202.png

I removed truck under balcony, i noticed that sentry placed right front of truck is covering most of ways to point and really hard to take down because truck covers it.
The truck is now replaced by two boxes.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
STAGE 1 C

- Added 3rd exit for red.
- Modified blue spawn bit.
- Removed some props creating pointless chockepoints.
- Extra sings
- Made some sentry spot for less overpowered.
- Made last cp cap slightly faster.

Tyker

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 1, 2009
The second point is still way, way too hard to cap. I don't know exactly why as things, in theory, favour red.

Though I think all the cover at the second point is probably because you tried to make it easier for blu to attack. But the problem is, red can put up sentries everywhere because of it. So look into what sentry spots are too easy to place and upgrade but too hard to take out. Like infront of the open shipping container.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Just from looking at the crates, it's hard to tell where the point is, exactly. Make the point more visible from the main path and find some other way of covering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.