Concept: Junkyard/Scrapyard

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by RideTheCatfish, Oct 18, 2009.

1. RideTheCatfish

RideTheCatfish L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This idea came to me earlier today, and I decided to see if I could roll with it a bit. Basically, a map (more than likely capture, payload or territory control) that is basically a big junkyard. Primary structures would include mounts of waste and garbage, maybe one or two central buildings, and possibly a water body.

As I said, I'm currently brainstorming, but I'd love to see if anyone else has some ideas for it. I figure some interesting shit could be implemented here.

2. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    It would require loots and loots of custom models

3. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    And a Giant Nuke in the middle of it surrounded by cultists.

4. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    Huh, that reminds me of fallout 3 Rockzo... hmmmm :p

It would be a cool concept, I dunno about execution though.

5. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Lol, O RLY? :p

6. Zwiffle

Zwiffle L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I came up with some junkyard ideas, some detail ideas specifically. An easy one would be old broken down car chassis, specifically a Volkswagon Beetle (1960s) would be really cool. Tire frames would also work placed everywhere. A lot of the razor-wire fences would work. A quick pile of trash texture + displacements would also solve a lot of your problems.

I imagine a layout would be heavy on displacements, lots of hills of trash (or to be more inventive you could have giant pillars of trash) and one building for each team at sort of a 'nexus' strategically placed on each side.