Collegiate TF2 Sixes Mapping Contest

Grapevine

L1: Registered
Dec 14, 2022
CTF2MappingTF2MAPS1.png

Main Thread | Submissions | Results

Hey all! I'm here representing Collegiate TF2, a competitive league that's offered college players a chance to team up against other universities since Spring 2020. We've heard mappers say that what the competitive community wants from them can be at times nebulous, so we're looking to fix that! We want to offer competitive feedback to mappers who haven't had that opportunity before. Today, we're starting what we'd like to turn into a semiannual contest, offering mappers a direct line to competitive players who are open to experimentation and excited to offer feedback to create the next great competitive map!

Guidelines2.png

• We're looking for 5CP or KOTH maps, made with the intention of seeing competitive 6v6 play. Note: future contests may explore other formats or game modes.
  • Artpass is optional, though appreciated; we are primarily judging off of quality of play, so function comes before form.
  • Entries can be new or old. If you're sitting on a map from 2013 that you've always wanted to see played in a competitive setting, now's your chance! If you'd like to make one from scratch for the contest, that's fair game too!
  • Our only requirement is that it must be new to competitive! In other words, it must have no history in any competitive league or cup (casual testing, whether on the TF2Maps server, Uncletopia, or elsewhere is completely fine).
Timeline2.png

Entries begin today, and will close:
August 31 at 11:59pm (PDT).
September 1 at 2:59am (EDT).
September 1 at 6:59am (UTC).

Voting will be held in the weeks following the submission deadline, and the winner will be determined by players who have previously participated in the league. We expect the winner to be announced in mid-September to coincide with the start of our Fall season, in which the map will be played. After the season concludes, we will survey all participants for their feedback on the map. If you have any specific questions in mind, you will be able to add those to the survey to help guide the future of your map.

You can find out more about us on our Liquipedia, or join our Discord if what we do interests you. Thanks, and good luck!

Last edited:

asylum

aa
Mar 3, 2024
Hey look at that some motivation to fix King of the Pipeball

I suppose I should clarify- does it have to be a vanilla standard issue KOTH, or can it be KOTH-like?

Grapevine

Dec 14, 2022
I would say that Pipeball is probably not going to fly. Not to say the maps have to be rigidly boring but they should stick to the standard objectives that people would expect from symmetrical 5CP/KOTH

Grapevine

Dec 14, 2022
Neat, but also the timeline is extremely short for a map to me made in time for this. Even our minor contest span longer than that.
Hi, better notice will be given for future contests (assuming this one ends up going well), but the intention of this first one is moreso to feature existing maps. Creating and artpassing a map from scratch in 3 months is of course unreasonable, but that's not the expectation here. Basically, if you're sitting on a map that you've always wanted to see tested in a competitive setting, or you have an idea for a map but want to see if it would work before you artpass it, that's the target audience here.

Either way, as mentioned that's just for this first one. I did ask about it in the Discord before we had this formalized, and people told me 3 months was "pushing it but reasonable", basically. I'll be better about notice for the next one if it does end up happening, and I appreciate the feedback.

asylum

aa
Mar 3, 2024
I would say that Pipeball is probably not going to fly. Not to say the maps have to be rigidly boring but they should stick to the standard objectives that people would expect from symmetrical 5CP/KOTH
Yeah it was long shot. Off to fix koth melee fort then

Midlou

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 12, 2016
Well, I can submit koth_gamma and koth_icetower, although I'm not sure if these maps have been used in competitive leagues before

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Well, I can submit koth_gamma and koth_icetower, although I'm not sure if these maps have been used in competitive leagues before

Neither have, tho you should use the submission thread. https://tf2maps.net/threads/collegiate-tf2-sixes-mapping-contest-submissions.52361/unread