Coalmine

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
Love this type of theme of map, it looks beautiful. The morning lighting looks gorgeous!

Not really much else to say, but very good job! :)

Rootbeerz

L1: Registered
Mar 5, 2008
I've played it a few times, but the most common question people are asking is "Where's the coal?". The environment is too pretty for its name, in my opinion. You should add some billowing black smoke coming out of the main building and around the edges a bit to add more of a feel to the map. Other than that, this is a really great map.

Synthesizer

L1: Registered
May 21, 2009
I was hoping no one would notice the lack of coal :D This first release was mostly just to find bugs and gameplay issues. I've started work on beta 2, which so far has the spawn cabins moved a bit closer to the main building. I'm working on tweaking the capture times as well. I've also added a path towards the lower area near the ammo pickups to hopefully open things up a bit more. I'm also going to polish the art some more, probably adding more custom assets (like coal). I still haven't been able to play it on a server with more players so I haven't seen any size issues first hand. It was originally supposed to be for a smaller amount of players as I've found most of the arena maps too large when you're not so many people playing. I've been quite busy with work and personal stuff, but hopefully some new screens will come soon and another beta release before long.

Lazy Eskimo

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2009
I played some on it.

When you go up the ramp on the close side the enemy is just there. It's most used spot and it doesn't handle numbers well and plays too straight forward.

I think you should do something different with the building. Currently it doesn't get much use and it's design is a little basic. Extend to the wooden sidewalk and make a more interesting design.

I noticed some camping on top of ramps out of spawn. It's not easy to try to take care of that. I would like to see a flanking path that gos over mountain or something to about mid ramp.

The traveling distance is a tad long. Moving the spawn right where ramps start should be good.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
your map is now part of Netorn #1 (89.222.192.200:27027) arena server rotation

i hope this is not dead as the map still need work. but its fine!!

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
If you want to test it, it's on rotation at The Laughing Fortress. (208.100.41.162:27015)

I concur that the capture is way too fast though, you should be able to at least get to the point from any given area of the map before it's captured, let alone stand a fighting chance.

EDIT: Oh god forgot to check the dates. Sorry about the bump.

Last edited: