cathedral

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by (s2a) yahodahan, Jul 3, 2009.

?

How does lighting affect your TF2 gameplay?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2009.
  1. Overly-Dramatic lighting (extra dark shadaws, harsh lights!) turns me on- yeah baby YEAH!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Dramatic lighting is fine, but only in selective areas

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  3. Simple, even lighting is less distracting = better gameplay

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Oranges like vacations in the Nederlands best, when not too shiny

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. (s2a) yahodahan

(s2a) yahodahan L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Purely a conceptual map at this point, "Cathedral" started as just a rough prototyping for a Killing Floor level design, actually. (I use Hammer to "sketch" map designs, works well!).

I like the stylized blocky look on its own though, and am hoping to make a TF2 map of it as well- though perhaps better suited to L4D. Lighting and such will have a ways to go for TF2, but I'm optimistic!

At the moment I am just bouncing ideas around, tossing stuff together as it comes to me, and liking the result so far.

Just posting for the fun of it, see if yall like the look (just imagine more complete lighting!)::p:

2. The_Ulf

The_Ulf L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hawt. Like you said, it would need to do a good bit of work to make sure there's enough ambient and play-level illuminating light to make this work for TF2, but man those arches look sweet.

3. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
  4. (s2a) yahodahan

(s2a) yahodahan L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    thanks for the comments :D

yes, opto-hell eh? Will have to be kept fairly simple so all that outdoors stuff can be one single visgroup and not kill FPS.

meh, not something i intend to worry about at this point, just making it look good as a concept piece :) thanks!