Overlay Careful It's Cold Poster RC 1

A nice little sign to be used in a spawnroom. Mean't for the Arctic Pack

1. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    Careful It's Cold Poster - A nice little sign to be used in a spawnroom. Mean't for the Arctic Pack

I small sign I made for the Arctic Pack. It should pretty much only be used in a spawnroom, as the picture of the engineer could confuse players if it was in a major playing area. The size of the texture is 512x512. When you download, you will get a zip folder that contains:

careful_its_cold_sign.vmt
    careful_its_cold_sign.vtf

The path for the texture should be: materials/signs/careful_its_cold_sign.vtf
    If you use it in a map, be sure to credit me (if you forget who I am, I put my name in the vmt).

Cold_Poster_fin_2.png

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe make "It's cold" with a shifted shadow too, like the "Careful"? Feels incomplete IMO.
    Also, this shadow on C letter is a little weird, maybe move it right like other letters?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to include what @Crowbar suggested. As in: adding a shadow to the "It's Cold" text, and editing the shadow of the "C" in "Careful". This will probably be the last/only change I do, as there is not much else I really can do at this point. The picture on the overview is updated with the updated texture.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wkay

Wkay L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ooooh, cool, literally.
    What did you use to make this? It's very nice looking.

Also, just a suggestion;
    You should make the engineer a little more blue in this poster to really capture the feel of "cold".

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    I used Source Filmmaker for the Engineer, and Paint.NET for everything else.

Yeah I tried coloring his face and knuckles more pink because I've noticed thats what happens when people are cold. Well, they also do turn blue and pale, but I thought the pink looked good. Its probably not worth changing at this point, because I made it for the Arctic Pack, and Iiboharz has already closed the submissions. I just dont want people using the pack and people downloading this separately to have different versions, it might cause some confusion.

6. Wkay

Wkay L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, it's fine. Hey, is it okay if I use this in my winter map?

7. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    Sure thing! Make sure to credit me though.