Call of Duty Elite

Konata

L2: Junior Member
Jul 23, 2010
I also don't want to hear twenty years from now how Call Of Duty is now a classic along the lines of Mario Bros. That would be kind of a downer.

Downer wouldn't even begin to describe it. In all seriousness, it's not Call of Duty's model anyway. Sure, they've shaped it well, but it wasn't theirs to begin with.

Though I have to say, after the Blops free weekend, I find myself wanting to boot it up and just play. It's a nice casual break from the day and it's less involved than Brink and less team-oriented than TF2, meaning I can just be silly and get kills. I see the draw of it, but it's not what I want to play when I'm in the mood for serious gaming. When that happens, I step to Fallout, Brink, TF2, BFBC2, etc.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Well, true, but hats don't have much of an impact on gameplay, of course (except for the 5 original set hats, most of which kinda suck).
CoD is a victim of its own popularity (which I never understood anyway, I loved the original CoD and its expansion UO but the franchise turned bad to me as soon as the second game). Hopefully this will put the whole franchise to the grave so it can finally rest in peace and more innovating games can get the spotlight instead.

Or, maybe there are actually millions of suckers willing to pay a monthly fee for more of the same and I'll be forever puzzled by the state of modern gaming.

I'd go further than that, here's how I see it:

TF2 is like selling someone a ferrari instead of a normal car - carries status, looks nice, but is expensive and very explicitly does not do anything functionally useful.

COD elite is like selling someone sub-par oil-with-water-mixed-in,then offering a water-removing service for only $1 a litre.

They're both rather ridiculous, ultimately, but one is rather morally questionable.

Also, this is how I see Modern Warfare 3. I was going for the "obviously tacked on" look (hell, I did it in PAINT), but I think it looks sort-of grotesque.

Should I have gone for the "add on a crude "bottom of the 3" curve with the spraypaint tool" shtick?

Last edited:

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
To be honest apparentally elites going to be free but there is a premium service which will charge if you wish to subscribe to that.

My view on Modern Warfare 3 is, yeh okay it isn't the best game in the world, infact it's nowhere near, but it's still Call Of Duty and it is one of those must-have games.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
As for me the Call of Duty series ended at 1st one, after that amazing game, the series started to morph into a singleplayer console shooter. And I don't play FPS for singleplayer. Soon enough the aim-assistance will be a standard option and there will be no point for cheaters to make aimbots, it's gonna be in the game. Because skills take too long time to achieve apparently.