Buliding Cubemaps made my room dark

Chromatose

L1: Registered
May 10, 2012
regarding your lights, I thought (and I hope you don't mind) I'd try decompiling it, opened it up in hammer and clicked on one of your lights and the brightness setting is set to 25600 (on all 3 lights in the image below) :eek:hmy: also using slow pulse (no black) appearance:

01.jpg

Plus you have fluroesent flicker appearance (in the little room on both lights, while it might be good in a L4D2 map I wouldn't really suggest using that for a tf2 map) my opinion ofc

02.jpg

Also I cannot find any light_ environment entity, you have a skybox however there's no light_ environment (in the decompiled version at least)

Also, this may be due to decompiling but I cannot find any env_cubemaps, they need to be scattered about your map in order for buildcubemaps to even work, although they may not be appearing for me in hammer for some reason :confused:

Edit: I did find 1 cubemap, but your map needs more: (I found this tutorial quite helpful regarding cubemaps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tcvP9fg98E

I hope that helps a bit :mellow:

The lights themselves shouldn't be causing the issue as they have been that way since the maps first alpha. The effect may seen weird but it tends to make more sense when you are playing on a non bloomed version of the map.

Yeah the flicker would be something i'd never normally do, that was done at the request of a friend who helped test the first beta of the map, and thus I gave them that little room.

And that's rather curious, where in the map did you find the cubemap?