Bot Questions

lilsammy

L1: Registered
Oct 24, 2010
Hi this is my first post and I will begin by saying im a very poor map maker im not new to it but im just crap at it.

Well anyway I wanted to ask you guys about this map I put togeather to test an idea out just took a few hours to throw together. Its a 5 control point map and its pretty large anyway the thing i wanted to ask about is the bots they play on it sort of ok but blue always seem to be the better side even tho the map is very syemetrical they seem to rush the middle point while red sit back and dont do anything but defend.

Can anyone explain why this mught be?

Also the map + nav is located here: http://www.uk-sam.com/tf/maps/ if you wish to look at it.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Bots aren't really done yet. They can't play certain gamemodes properly, one of them is 5cp.
They can play attack/defend (see dustbowl training) and I guess that's what they're trying on your map too, in other words: BLU attacks and RED defends. Red will never take initiative to push forward.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Bots only work properly on KotH and Arena maps, AFAIK. Unless I forgot a blog post saying they added CP/CTF support, the reason is because the AI doesn't know how to handle multiple points yet. I suggest testing your map with real people on Gamedays :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, ADCP works, too, as Rav mentioned.

lilsammy

L1: Registered
Oct 24, 2010
thanks explains alot, I originally did this as a ctf map based off a unreal tournemant map but bots didnt work with it but anyay yeah thanks i was curious about that.