Blog and Gallery now available to TF2Maps.net members!

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
did I miss something?
just the punch and pie.
but its all gone now
sad.gif

Dec 25, 2007
List of features available to regular members:
- download delay of 30 seconds per file

D:

Nooo! This is probably the most annoying thing about most file-hosting sites. Not the in-your-face ads, not the low bandwidth, but having to wait... and wait... and wait... JUST TO START DOWNLOADING THE FREAKING FILE!

And I'm not saying this because I'm a cheapskate, or don't want to support the site, because I will, even if I won't use all the extra features.

Sure, add lots of attractive features for premium members, but please don't make the site obnoxious for everyone else!

Edit: DJive clarified below that this is a delay between downloads, not before a download. In other words, a delay exactly like there is already! I've got no objections to that.

So cheers guys for all the hard work! :thumbup:

Last edited:

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
D:

Nooo! This is probably the most annoying thing about most file-hosting sites. Not the in-your-face ads, not the low bandwidth, but having to wait... and wait... and wait... JUST TO START DOWNLOADING THE FREAKING FILE!

And I'm not saying this because I'm a cheapskate, or don't want to support the site, because I will, even if I won't use all the extra features.

Sure, add lots of attractive features for premium members, but please don't make the site obnoxious for everyone else!

Yeah... have to say I second VelvetFistIronGlove on this one. I missed the discussion thread on this topic, but I have to say that a 30 second download delay is one of the MOST annoying things, you might as well link everyone to RapidShit.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
I think you are all misunderstanding.

The download delay is to prevent people from downloading a lot of files AT ONCE.

This delay starts AFTER you start to download, unlike Rapidshare which as you wait BEFORE you can download..

tf2maps.net *click download, file starts to download and must wait 30 seconds before you can download again*
Rapidshare *you must wait 30 seconds to start the download, repeat*

honestly unless you have a T1-T2-T3 connection you wont be downloading 10mb maps in less then 15 seconds, so you wont even see the wait =)