Block Bullets

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by NoirSuede, Mar 3, 2013.

1. NoirSuede

NoirSuede L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is it possible to make the block bullet entity to only block attacks from 1 team only ?

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    It's a material. A special material.

3. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Blockbullets is a texture you apply to a brush, not an entity (an entity is something you place using shift-e, the point entity tool, or something that is 'tied' to a brush with ctrl-t, a brush entity). To answer your question, no, you can't block only one team's bullets using blockbullets.

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    It is a material, not a texture.

5. PootisSpencer

PootisSpencer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    texture, no - but you can use entities and some logic.

tf_filter_damage
    disallow damage type bullets (or allow only drown for total godmode, as long as they don't really drown)

trigger_multiple
    placed in spawnroom(s) or wherever
    OnStartTouch !activator SetDamageFilter FilterName

I use the same trick to make "safe rooms" on my maps where players can congregate at their leisure without having to combat.

to remove the damage filter, you can add an OnStopTouch

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    That doesn't quite have the same impact, that's a global block. Blockbullets is a single brush that blocks.

7. PootisSpencer

PootisSpencer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    BlockBullets texture blocks all projectiles, players, and npc's - you cannot pass through such a texture.
    if he wants to prevent damage to a specific team, the above trick will do just that.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  8. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    I was about to disagree with you Pootis, but now I see you could just do a team filter on the trigger_multiple. Maybe should have added that in. (Just in case it wasn't obvious for anyone else! Oo)

9. NoirSuede

NoirSuede L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Where can i regulate the tf_filter_damage in hammer ?

10. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    It's a point entity; press shift-e then type "tf_filter_damage" into the dropdown box on the right. As you're typing, it should autocomplete the name for you. Select it and place the entity in your map. Exact location doesn't matter, but it's good to place filters near things that use them.