Blobmap (working title)

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
General notes:
  • Your middle is pretty good, but it feels too open and flat, with too much unused space
  • The displacement in the middle is really nice, and it's super fun as a demo or soldier, but a real nuisance to any other class
  • It feels like hydro and badwater made a baby, then the hydro aspect became super flat
  • I like your integration between the outside and inside, especially on the final points, even if it's only for decoration
  • Playing as an engineer was fun, because there's a good mix of places that would be best for your sentry, but it will be outranged, and perfect engi spots that are sort of useless
  • I got a little lost a couple of times, but once you get used to it after a few minutes, it's great
  • Another note about the middle: I feel like the areas that are on your left hand side when exiting second point, or on the right hand side from middle while facing the enemy's base are very useless, and those areas should be the first to go if you were to make the middle smaller

Overall, a fun map with a promising future. Keep it up, Blob!

LolCakeLazors

L1: Registered
Nov 24, 2009
Some things I noticed while play testing:

- Some of your corridors are pretty dark. I kept bumping into that last CP door frame.
- The 3 rocks side by side near the mid CP was a little strange to me. Seems repetitive.
- Mid CP was a bit dark (where the health pack and ammo box was).
- More directional signs. I got lost a few times but was saved by my veteran TF2 directional instincts.

Other than that, it was pretty nice. Keep up the good work!

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
I will fix for A2:
--- Mid ---
Mid's too large and flat. This will be fixed, I has ideas.
There will be another route to 2nd.
--else where---
More lighting where it's needed.
Turn back on the clip visgroup >.>
More signage.

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
Subdivisiooooooooooon :D

I like the middle a lot, but the map seems a bit too airy in general. More specifically, it looks to be a tad bit overscaled with open space.

I agree: the subdived rocks are just for alpha purposes, they will be "finished" when I start to detail.
As for Mid, I will add more heights more routes and make the whole thing smaller.
(think of the poor pyros)

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
Everything looks awesome, but the middle point is too open - I could'nt reach it with out getting killed by a sniper or even a heavy unless I was a scout and then I was killed on the point...
Good work, though, lovely map!
I can't wait to see what grows from that

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I like the second point, some small changes I'd make though.
cp_blobmap_a1b0000.jpg

I'd remove this structure as a whole and replace it with what's seen below, accessable for all classes, overlooks the point but is vulnerable.
cp_blobmap_a1b0001.jpg

cp_blobmap_a1b0002.jpg

cp_blobmap_a1b0005.jpg

cp_blobmap_a1b0003.jpg

I'd bring everything in slightly here, cramp it up a little bit
cp_blobmap_a1b0004.jpg