1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Blend textures on normal brushes?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Gabe Noodle from Volvo, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Gabe Noodle from Volvo

Gabe Noodle from Volvo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is it possible to use blend textures on normal brushes that actually blend the textures and not show just one. Or will I be forced to use a displacement.

2. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    nope, just use a displacement.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Beef Bucket

aa Beef Bucket L41: Blessed Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, technically it is possible, but you'd need to extract the texture files from tf2_misc_dir using GCFScape, and place them in your custom material folder. And of course you'd have to pack the textures in with your BSP every time you released a new version
    So yes, possible, but not worth it

4. Inventorkid

Inventorkid L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As the guy above me said, it's possible but way too much effort for too little reward. You can just have a completely flat displacement and paint on that, and have another brush underneath to seal the map.

5. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Not really, because you can only do the actual alpha blending on a displacement. The dialog box literally isn't available anywhere else. I mean, if you really REALLY wanted to, you could probably do the blending externally in something like Paint Tool SAI and pack the resulting super-high-res texture into the map... but it'd be easier to just have perfectly flat displacements.