Banishing bots on certain areas of nav_mesh?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by HQDefault, Dec 19, 2014.

1. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    So, I'm playing a map with bots, and they all huddle into the corner for some reason. I destroy that area of the nav mesh. They go there anyway. Anyway I can make a nav_mesh area that prevents this?

2. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    It sounds more like your nav mesh being broken and bots end up there as its the closest to their objective. Could it be better to check the area to see if it has nav connection issues?

3. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    I did. They were clustering into a corner that had no connections. Not to mention THEY WERE RIGHT NEXT TO A DOOR.

4. Toomai

Toomai L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well first of all you have to save the navmesh before any changes take effect.

Secondly, if the bots think a route is blocked, they won't use it. Try checking if the door has something sticking out enough that they don't think they can get through.

5. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    I figured out the problem. Since you can't go back inside of spawn, they thought the door was inaccessible. I just split the mesh and it worked fine after that.