Autumnal Expansion Content Pack

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
You can always add some buildings to the 3d skybox. There is always some style that will fit.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
So I think I heard some suggestions for some leaf-based patch overlays, and I had 5 minutes so I figured why not go for it.

RDSUhtb.png

i43zvKK.png

e80c13fc16.jpg

Pretty happy with how they turned out, although the non-individuals seem really bunched.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
How hard would it be to turn those leaves into a weather effect?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Should be pretty easy. If you want, you can even just steal the cherry blossoms from the Japan back and swap out the sprite, it should be pretty good for falling leaves too.

Sep 19, 2010
I'm not very experienced in doing textures, but I might give it a go if anyone has suggestions for what they're looking for. I might be able to do the texture for the turkey cutout if someone could do the rest of the model.

In the mean time, I figured we ought to have some Cream Spirit colored dev textures, because hey, why not.

cs.png

Also thought it might be good to have a palette for people to use. Here are some of the colors I picked from Berry's leaf overlays as well as the Cream Spirit colors below:

autumnpalette.png

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012

That palette would actually be nicer for patch overlays than paints to be honest, I should use those as well.

Edit: Some devs in those colours would look pretty too, matching grid devs would be nice aswell. A spawn room combo of cream spirit floors and regular red/blue walls would look gorgeous.

Edit:
9f000a9d55.jpg

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Leonardo DaVinci unveils the Mona Lisa, the crowd gasps.
Afterwards a young man pulls DaVinci aside and asks "What brushes did you use?"

*shamelessly stolen from somewhere else on the internet

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Leonardo DaVinci unveils the Mona Lisa, the crowd gasps.
Afterwards a young man pulls DaVinci aside and asks "What brushes did you use?"

*shamelessly stolen from somewhere else on the internet

Re-coloured patches are hardly Mona Lisa-esque though.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
It's a commentary on the prevalence of "what brushes did you use" that exists online :p

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
Did some brick recoloring.

gVVreFi.jpg

rDE0n3K.jpg

i1ayJHH.jpg

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
How about some Autumn style stain decals? Not that I have any idea what that would be, but still.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
How about some Autumn style stain decals? Not that I have any idea what that would be, but still.

I'm not so sure how you could do that, but wall damp overlays would certainly be fitting.

Snowshoe

L2: Junior Member
May 16, 2012
It's more of a revision anyway, and Harvest isn't really set in a forest and doesn't have any skycards to make it look a little neater (I'll probably improve the texture sometime though)

Edit: Should I make a treeless version?

Make a treeless version. We can do the tree stuff with skycards inside the skybox, similar to thunder mountain. Using skycards also gives a parallax effect.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
forgot I had a bunch of woods I said nothing about:

fd9326ffe9.jpg

also I changed the hydro sky to orange to see how it looks:

W2XIlYu.png

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2010
I would love if someone could make some crop props (corn, wheat, etc.). I think just having some sort of crop in the out of bounds areas would really be nice.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Eeehhhhh you're spending a lot of time recolouring things that don't need to be recoloured. Maybe one or two wood textures, but I think your focus would be better spent on models, and then the textures that serve them. The wood colour can be adjusted a lot with lighting colour, since wood itself doesn't actually change colour in the autumn...

EDIT: What you really need are killer leaf textures for displacements, overlays and leaf pile models. Since it's pretty much just leaves that signify autumn this is where you should focus. Get some killer tree models in there too with autumnal coloured leaves.

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
List of prop ideas:
rakes, baskets, watering cans, umbrellas, scarecrows, piles of sticks, leaves, campfires, thick boots, mushrooms, huge brown sacks of nondescript content (maybe it's potatoes, mud, carrots, hay??), all kinds of vegetables and harvest (wheat) and pies!, acorns fucking everywhere, big wagons/carts, sunflower, elaborate black metal fences (modular).

Also leaves everywhere. Especially on stairs. People seems to love taking photos of that!

Is what I got from 10 minutes of looking at google images with various search terms.