Autodesk Support Problems

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Seba, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    For the past six months or so I've been using 3dsMax 10 on a student license from Autodesk, and it's been working perfectly until 25 days ago. Then on startup I got a window asking me to activate my software or else it will expire in 30 days. I thought 'huh, okay, guess I need to do it again' and registered for another license like the instructions told me to. I got a 'activation successful' message and went on modelling. The next day, however, I got the exact same message. I again followed the instructions and 'successfully activated' my product. I've done it one more time before I gave up and personally emailed Autodesk Support about this issue. Being as terrible as they are, they sent me an activation key which, no surprise, didn't work. I looked around on their website and found a hotfix for the exact problem that I'm getting - only for 3dsMax 8, not 10.

I turn to help to you, TF2M: either offer me advice, slap Autodesk for me, or just point and laugh at my misery; either one is welcome.

2. WastedMeerkat

WastedMeerkat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Try waiting out ~20 of the 30 days and then registering for a new license so you have to do it less often.

3. Seba

Positive Ratings:
    I just waited for the license to expire and downloaded a new version. Thanks for the (one) reply and (eighty-six) views.

4. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    doing the last option

5. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    I believe that every year Autodesk moves their old version of the software to a 30 day license, and the new one to the 14 month. Have you tired 3Dsmax 2011?

6. matou

matou L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    With 3DS max 2011 student you get a 3yr license (student license that is) so maybe you have to get the new 3ds max

7. Seba

Positive Ratings:
    After August 16, 2010, every student-licenseable software was upgraded to a 3-year version. If one had a 13-month license beforehand, they had to request a new product key and register it again. It worked fine until I forgot my Autodesk password and secret question :p

8. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    this.

9. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    If you really can't get it to work you might be able to take *cough* desperate measures.