For the past six months or so I've been using 3dsMax 10 on a student license from Autodesk, and it's been working perfectly until 25 days ago. Then on startup I got a window asking me to activate my software or else it will expire in 30 days. I thought 'huh, okay, guess I need to do it again' and registered for another license like the instructions told me to. I got a 'activation successful' message and went on modelling. The next day, however, I got the exact same message. I again followed the instructions and 'successfully activated' my product. I've done it one more time before I gave up and personally emailed Autodesk Support about this issue. Being as terrible as they are, they sent me an activation key which, no surprise, didn't work. I looked around on their website and found a hotfix for the exact problem that I'm getting - only for 3dsMax 8, not 10. I turn to help to you, TF2M: either offer me advice, slap Autodesk for me, or just point and laugh at my misery; either one is welcome.