Aurora

Feb 14, 2008
I think you should cut down the areas behind the spawn windows, because it's hardly visible behind the windows, and players should be going in the opposite direction anyway.

There are also some remnant (I assume) spectator cameras in that area for either team, meaning you can see some nodrawn faces (such as the one blocking a doorway that used to be there in ctf_aurora).

Twice, I managed to, although only with about 6 players on either side, camp on the roof with the intel, but then again, the other team weren't exactly making the best effort to try and stop me.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Twice, I managed to, although only with about 6 players on either side, camp on the roof with the intel, but then again, the other team weren't exactly making the best effort to try and stop me.

Yeah you can only really camp up there if the other team is totally and utterly incompetant anyway so it's not really an issue worth addresssing.
I find this much more fun than the original aurora, so much less repetative. :D

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
There are filesize and small performance gains in removing the areas behind the spawns, but I'm not yet sure if it's worth it. The spec cams will be removed.

Getting on top of the hut is fun as hell, so I will never remove it :p Other team needs to learn to play in 90% of the case.

It's been in our rotation for a bit, so once the regulars know how it plays I'll observe more

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Aw, I was hoping my entity setup would stay in it.

No matter.

Looks great and sounds fun.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Aw, I was hoping my entity setup would stay in it.

No matter.

Looks great and sounds fun.

You helped me in the right direction and I appreciate it greatly :) After fine-tuning, anyone who wants to use the system just PM me.

Potential changelist:
1. Visual indication of playable flag zone
2. HUD fixes using new CTF hud
3. Choreography improvements

Gonna sit on it a bit and see if we get a Valve 'ctf overtime' mapside fix

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Ha I'll try a test of your koth version. Currently ctf_aurora gives really mixed feelings to our players... the game mode and central area are quite enjoyable but if we don't ask players to play fair, the cap areas instantly show a bit of a sentryness, and the map becomes stalemate prone.
I don't know if you intend to go through intensive modifications of your map, but I feel this issue as a real disgrace, because the map feels overall really fun and action packed.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I played this map and when I went out side ladies were instantly irresistibly attracted to me. The size of my junk increased and I now have a full manly beard long enough to plait!

Would recommend.

ianjb

L1: Registered
Jun 14, 2012
Is it just me, or is the link dead? Does anyone have a copy of this map that I could have?

Mar 23, 2010
BALLER map but i kind of hate how you cant exit spawn behind the safety of the spire thing since you exit on either side of it on both sides - 50/50 chance of already seeing an enemy at the start. maybe it's necessary tho now that i think about it.