Artpass Growlithe Harpo

Harpo_53

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2010
Try not to be too harsh; this is my first attempt at REALLY detailing.

As of yet, I haven't added too many props/func_details. My main focus right now is good lighting and even better texture choices. At this stage I'm going for a night-time, snow exterior theme and a heavy spytech theme inside. Comments appreciated.

Also, thanks to:
Alakazam - yukihiyou for her custom textures and feedback.
NuclearWatermelon for encouraging me to continue working on this when there are so many other, much more fun maps I could be working on.

Last edited:

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
Good start IMO. I also put the computer terminals in that room in the first screenshot, lol. Maybe overusing those striped walls, though.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Nice texturing there.

In the future, turn on Anti-Aliasing, to at least 2x, you don't need fps for screenshots and it really makes them look better

dire_luck

L1: Registered
Jul 25, 2010
It's looking good so far. The way you've set up the lighting makes the map look great.

Only thing that bugs me about your map so far is that the paint job on the first CP seams a bit dull, especially when compared to the walls around the last CP. I'm sure the wear and tear on the first CP's texture is intentional, but it's just a big contrast from the crisp lines on the final CP. On the flip side, I think both the "old and worn look" and the "clean and sharp look" are looking good.

I can't wait to see what else you do to this map, so keep up the good work!