CP Artpass Friske

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Friske, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Friske

Friske L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi there.

I've played around with a theme combining aspects of Gorge and Hydro in failed map a couple months ago. With the contest out, however, I've decided to adapt it to fit Valve's base layout. Anyway, I've detailed enough to show a few before/after WiP shots, so hopefully no one else has come up with anything too similar yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully the second one isn't too WiP but I was paranoid about someone attempting the same thing. :>

2. Goombac

Goombac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Most change to A I've seen. The first one looks like it was straigt out of Gorge (which is a good thing IMO). Although I hope that the building next to A will be coming back.

3. Friske

Positive Ratings:
    I moved it out of the way to give me some breathing room. It's not a permanent removal.

4. Efhan

Efhan L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Add the normal ramps back and this is really good.
    Yes it is original, check my List.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. ∫F′(mhm)dx

∫F′(mhm)dx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    sweet keep up the slow steady work.

Add some tire tracks going from each loading dock and maybe a truck along that path somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  6. Jack Riguel

Jack Riguel L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    So far one of the few I've seen that's played with the layout in a clever way while still making it the same map. Nice work on cap point A.

7. Friske

Positive Ratings:
    After having some mapper's block while designing the outside facade, I decided to continue working on the interior. Hopefully I'll get some ideas for the exterior while it's left on the backburner. I still have detailing to do in this room but expediency is the key to victory, amirite?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FYI, The sky is there because I cordoned this section off.