arena_swbf2_deathstar

Do you think this map could work?

• Total voters

Draser

L3: Member
May 17, 2010
Oh. alrighty then. I got some textures from grim tuesday, and they just don't seem to fit into either the tf2 style or the swbf2 style...what are some other space maps with good textures. (preferrably made by someone who doesn't mind sharing textures :p)

combine

Apr 21, 2010
So can somone lend us a hand and make some spacey textures.We decided not to use the exact textures the company that made swbf2 made.

combine

Apr 21, 2010
We can use astroid textures,moon textures that are brown,gray,black,or white,and we can use some skybox textures.We can also use some metal textures,panels,and some other things.

combine

Apr 21, 2010
Should we make a thing in the map where you can vote the game mode or make 2 seperate maps up for download?

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Two separate maps. I don't see why it needs to be overcomplicated by a voting system.

combine

Apr 21, 2010
Two separate maps. I don't see why it needs to be overcomplicated by a voting system.

kk.I will talk to Draser about doing this. :thumbup1: Any other segusttions?

combine

Apr 21, 2010
Guys,should we make the red hanger explode when blue team wins?And blue hanger explodes when red team wins?

Draser

May 17, 2010
btw, im done for today, me thinks... ill post the map up in a couple minutes. do you think we can start on the optimization? its starting to run a tad slow.

Draser

May 17, 2010
Ok, so here is the plan for texturing/main design.

Imagine:

A derelict ship orbiting the planet in space, with a GIANT laser cannon.

It starts with kinda dark ambient lighting.

For the textures, Rusty metal, and dented walls, ceiling tiles that have exposed wiring, basically a really run down, no-longer-used space station

Both teams arrive in the hangers, and both want to control the intelligence which will power the laser. Every time a team caps the intel the station powers up more.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...1t:429,r:18,s:93&tx=70&ty=70&biw=1366&bih=665
that is a perfect example of what i want to be in the hanger
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=74&ty=77

When the Game is over the laser fires at the moon, blowing it up.

Last edited:

Draser

May 17, 2010
*shameless update bump*

combine

Apr 21, 2010
Yo guys any ideas?I had one where if you shot a certain window then you are sucked through it and the area seals off.

Draser

May 17, 2010
erm, i decided i wasn't going to use that. It just seems a bit much for my map

Draser

May 17, 2010
UPDATE!

Had all textures and models included this time, sry about those previous versions. i wasn't sure how to do so. D:

Anyways, fixed up the laser, made the teleport room bigger and with twice as many teleporters so more people can teleport at once.

hmm....i also added some railings around the platforms in the big room

Only downside: forgot to add cubemaps still, will do by next update.
Gameday tomorrow!!! hope everyone enjoys my map :)

also: does anybody have any ideas for an intelligence that will replace this one? Im looking for something high-tech, that looks like it might emit a laser trail.

Draser

May 17, 2010
thank you, this is very helpful

combine

Apr 21, 2010
Compile custom content into the map!Oh and Draser,the cubemaps have to be a little higher to work.If you are wondering how i know stuff that are in hammer only,i decompiled the map.

Draser

May 17, 2010
You have no right to decompile my map.

Listen. I asked you for help for the laser, and you have been pushing and pushing to make this project yours. if you do not stop, i will no longer be a part of this community as long as you are a part of it.

Last edited:

combine

Apr 21, 2010
Ok ok.gosh,i am just giving you bug reports,by the way people decompile maps to look at them, like me.And there are those who protect there maps from decompile, like me,and there are those who decompile,copy some object from other persons map an paste it into their map without giving person credit and without asking, not like me.

Last edited: