Arena Mode

joshman

L5: Dapper Member
May 7, 2008
Hey! Steamroll was made by Axl. And Axl's a Pretty cool guy.

I'll recommend to him the thing about converting it to arena.
But thats no reason to be hating on steamroll.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Hey! Steamroll was made by Axl. And Axl's a Pretty cool guy.

I'll recommend to him the thing about converting it to arena.
But thats no reason to be hating on steamroll.

I have very good reasons to dislike (not hate) Steamroll, thank you very much, and I've already stated them. The original idea of it all gets a thumbs up, though.

Radenska

L2: Junior Member
Jan 31, 2008
For me, Arena mode can't decide what it wants to be. All my matches lasted as long or longer than an other CP/PL match I might engage in, and I don't think thats what Arena is suppose to do. Yea sure Rounds are real short, but with 5-in-a-row people don't seem to "push" it until 3 or 4 , thus restarting the whole thing. It's kind of self-refuting.

I think more than anything else the "world" additions in this update are pretty daring and good starts for new opportunities in TF2 play. Though, I'd agree that something feels missing.

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
why does VALVe keep forcing weird things into their games?

first it's the freezecam and revenge stuff added to DoD. that's great and all, but didnt they say that was specifically for TF2 so that the player feels like he's accomplishing something (beating his nemeses) instead of stacking up in a stats leaderboard at the bottom?

then it was the flaregun. the flaregun has a completely different purpose than the shotgun, yet valve stated they wanted people to know exactly what a class can do just by seeing the sillhouette. That doesnt work with unlcokables.

Now it's arena. I am okay with arena mode, but it just feels weird for TF2. too much like CS