Are you religious?

Kernel

L1: Registered
Nov 7, 2007
I'm a scientologist, lol jk.

roninmodern

L3: Member
Feb 5, 2008
I'm an atheist when it comes to faith. However, when it comes to a moral code I find I'm very drawn to Zen Buddhism. I find that I can't believe in anything that defies the physical laws of the universe.

There is a very famous Ghandi that goes: "I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are not like your Christ."

I tend to find that this holds very true in most situations.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I'm an atheist when it comes to faith. However, when it comes to a moral code I find I'm very drawn to Zen Buddhism. I find that I can't believe in anything that defies the physical laws of the universe.

There is a very famous Ghandi that goes: "I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are not like your Christ."

I tend to find that this holds very true in most situations.

yea thats an amazing quote.
have you seen the move 'The Man From Earth" ?
It mentions something about this. That Christianity stemmed from Buddhism but was twisted and perverted.

Amazing movie.

roninmodern

L3: Member
Feb 5, 2008
No, I'll have to look it up.

Narkissus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 22, 2008
I started off my life as a very religious Jehovah's Witness, but by the time i became and adult i burned out and havent really looked back, now im agnostic and dont give a damn about religion really.

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
That quote from Ghandi is incredibly astute and I have to say I agree with him. I am a Christian myself, but I find that all too often I'm ashamed that I must be lumped in with those "Christians" who judge and shun those who don't share their beliefs. I can't say I'm perfect, but at least I try to be accepting of others and attempt to live within the example that Christ set. So, don't count all of us as rotten just because some put on a poor show.

It sucks that I have to apologize for others who call themselves Christians but don't practice what they're supposed to believe.