Are you listening to music when you map ?

G

Gonzales

Tom Petty, Jethro Tull, Bob Segar, Dire Straits, AC/DC, Stones, Who, etc...

Rock and roll.

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
I'm watching Cashmere Mafia. As a show it sucks ass, but it has two off of my celeb hot babes list! I don't know what to do!!!

Kernel

L1: Registered
Nov 7, 2007
I have a 21 inch gateway monitor, with 4 video inputs and pip, i mostly watch tv when mapping, it's pretty nice because the pip can be resized, put in any corner and you get transparency control. Mapping and watching tv at the same time, makes time go by very fast!

If only i could get multiple monitor support within hammer!

Irksome

Jan 16, 2008
It's impossible to do anything work related on a computer without music, for me.

I usually listen to www.radioparadise.com, usually a pretty good play list, but sometimes I get a little fed up when it's like 5 songs in a row of some southern country girl singing about her abusive boyfriend, or moving somewhere, and each song is 6 minutes long.

No offense to people who like that, just not my cup o' tea.

TheFragMan

Jan 9, 2008
I feel you on the country music thing. Being here in the South though, it's kind of hard to escape, haha.

And are you saying 6 minutes is short or long? Because most of what I listen to averages at about 10-15 minutes per song. Mindcrime knows what I'm talking about. :)

To answer the thread's question, yup, I definitely have the music going in the background. Too boring otherwise. I usually mute it when testing the map, but once I'm back in Hammer, it gets turned right back up. Yes, Genesis, Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings, Phish, Marillion, Rush, on and on... It's gotta have depth, or I get bored of that too.

roninmodern

L3: Member
Feb 5, 2008
Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Third Eye Blind, Soundgarden, Audioslave, RHCP, Zeppelin, Queen.

I think you can tell I like grunge/heavy :)

(But I don't like metal)

FaTony

Banned
Mar 25, 2008
Petula Clark - Downtown
Foreigner - I wnat to know what love is
Charles Wright - Express Yourself
All vice city soundtrack
K-DST, Master Sounds from San Andreas
Head radio, lips 106, rise fm from liberty city stories
All GTA3 sountrack especially Slyder ones
Some tracks from Midnight Club 2
Evil Genius soundtrack (awesome)
Splinter Cell Chaos theory soundtrack (pure awesomeness)
Some random songs from games