Any interest in some TFC events?

CrashGordon94

L1: Registered
Jan 18, 2020
Since we only have about 10 days left to do this, I say we figure out if we're gonna do this or not real quick.

As I said before, I really want to see this happened!
10 days? But it says 6 weeks when I look it up in store!

Either way, I'm very interested and I made my offer, but nobody responded and I don't know who to talk to. :/

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
10 days? But it says 6 weeks when I look it up in store!

Either way, I'm very interested and I made my offer, but nobody responded and I don't know who to talk to. :/

Oh! Perhaps I'm wrong then. I just thought the event ended on March 1st.

Maybe talk to one of the server mods, because they might be able to switch one of the servers over to TFC for the event?

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
I mean, there are some TFC custom maps, but I don't think such an event can be pulled off within 10 days - what, with the differences between Source and GoldSource, it would probably be a tremendous task to load in those maps - I'm pretty certain none of which were made by mappers here.

Now, six weeks? Seems like enough time.

That said, I have no clue how easy it is to do anything in TFC - all that's happened to me is frustration from how I feel like I'm shooting Nerf darts at a scout, and then get one-shot by some B-hopping Medic with a shotgun, followed by being completely lost when I exit spawn.

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Hell yeah, but we gotta do it fast! If TFC stops being free when Alyx drops then we only have a few days left!!

CrashGordon94

Jan 18, 2020
I'm kinda unsure how to go about things, still have yet to learn the game and such.

I was suggest to go ask a Server Mod, but I'm not super intimate with the community, is anyone else willing to ask or set up?

RevolutionTeam

May 19, 2019
I tried using the Half-Life dedicated server to make the very short lived "TF2Maps unofficial TFC server", but in the time it was up, nobody joined - I couldn't even see it in the server browser... however, according to the Valve Developer Wiki, I shouldn't have been able to see it, so... make of that what you will.

If anyone wants to check if the server's up, it's running the map hunted, and I'll get some custom maps running later today.

RevolutionTeam

May 19, 2019
Well, from experience, I can tell you that GoldSrc hammer is not intuitive at all. Good luck on your quest. I suggest installing J.A.C.K for that.

Unfortunately, we've run out of time for this event to happen. I wish that I could've made it or partaken in it.

CrashGordon94

Jan 18, 2020
I tried using the Half-Life dedicated server to make the very short lived "TF2Maps unofficial TFC server", but in the time it was up, nobody joined - I couldn't even see it in the server browser... however, according to the Valve Developer Wiki, I shouldn't have been able to see it, so... make of that what you will.

If anyone wants to check if the server's up, it's running the map hunted, and I'll get some custom maps running later today.
I didn't even know this happened, maybe the lack of advertising was an issue?

And well, there's still some time left I think

RevolutionTeam

May 19, 2019
I ran the server for four hours and nobody joined, so my guess is either nobody was looking for empty servers, or my server was completely invisible. Which is odd, because I followed all of the instructions.

CrashGordon94

Jan 18, 2020
I mean I never saw it announced or anything, otherwise I would've known to give it a try. :(

EDIT: Finally sent a message, asked Startacker and they said they couldn't and it'd be unlikely anyway. At least it's not an opportunity missed or anything.

Last edited: