Akzo

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Huh.

Apparently during setup you can shoot over the fence next to the train-car into the attacker's spawn. (Out as well, but the defenders aren't confined to a tiny space, which isn't quite as bad.)

It can get pretty ugly.

You might want to look at protecting the spawn somehow. Maybe a building they spawn into and come out of?

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah, but that'd kill the entire cool look of the gate for a spawn. I'd say clip around the trains, and close the door of the little building.

Also, from gameday:

Move the red spawn backwards a little, it's crazily close now.

Give a LOT more routes that actually LEAD somewhere, like dropdowns to caps, advantageous positions. Now you've got quite a few routes, but they're not useful for anything.

Especially give point B a route more for BLU.

Last edited:

tovilovan

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 23, 2008
I checked out the demo. Looks like B is way too hard-capped, in b2 I've added a reroute where the door behind B is open.

I made a bet with a friend how fast it would take before you realized the cap B was taken straight out of Dustbowl. He said 30 secs, I said a minute. Guess I won then XD. And I'm GONNA edit that. That was for the a2 I just wanted it to be playable.

I'm sorry I couldn't be there at gameday. While watching the demo I saw Tinker typing "is the author here?". I actually pressed y until I realized THIS IS A FRIKKIN DEMO ;D

About the spawn battle: I guess BLU just have to learn to stay back. I added a fence so you cant shoot between the train and the fence, just over the fence.

Also need a LOT of signs. The sniper that connected first went left for some reason and ended up by C. The confusion in the beginning ("where are we supposed to go? AH, the train will move!") has to be dealed with somehow.

Finally, about RED spawn being WAAAY too close to b... My heart wouldn't stand moving that spawn... Maybe I'll have to ;(

Thanx for checking out my map on gameday.