Aftershock

Knight-Errant

L3: Member
Mar 12, 2010
This is a post game day B.U.M.P.

These additional issues will be looked at for A3:
- The lack of defense for Red on Point A, the increase of defense of point B.
- The distance between Point one and two for red.
- The relocation of Red's spawn.
- Floating prop, wherever that was

Mar 23, 2010
yeah everything you listed there was pretty much everything.

small, but fun playtest. would like to see how it works on high number (24+) games since a lot of people enjoy that. I had the most fun on this one on gameday.

Knight-Errant

Mar 12, 2010
Release: A2B

foreshocka2b03.jpg

Download:

Version A2b: (Full version of Round 2)
- Revision of Capture points and layout for R2 Cp1 and Cp2.
- Removed Blu forward spawn
- Decreased the size of final Point
- Reprogrammed Pistons entities for more control over actions
- Pistons now have slight variations in speed.
- Reclipped doors near R1 CP1
- Fixed floating prop near r1 cp1
- Redid red entrance to R1 Cp1
- Shortened distance between cap A and cap B
- Added "A" and "B" to HUD for R1
- Removed walls between R1's A + B to increase movement of game
- Moved red spawn for R1
- Added additional signs for Navigation
- Removed stairs near R1 Cp1
- Added hallway for Red to get to
- Changed respawn times for R1 for each CP.
- Changed Health and Ammo for R1 CP1 to help with defense.

Knight-Errant

Mar 12, 2010
What I need to probably change from the impromptu:

It was really hard to say that the map played well for the changes for R1. We played three times, First game, Blue was able to capture the points that we immediately went into round 2. Red however, was able to hold it during the second run (when it was the other team's turn. Even after a scramble, the new red team was able to hold it. Many times it was called that the teams were unbalanced. I wonder if I changed too much to help Red. I can't say all the changes to R1 CP1 will be significant. The one way door near blue's exit will be removed. Some of the health that I changed locations on may return back. But again I can't tell. I will need to submit it again for testing and/or get more feedback on what should change back.

It also appears that the second round will be getting a bit of a slight overhaul. Blu's complaint was that there was too much path for it to get to "C"/Red's final base. I have a solution in mind that will use some space that previously was ignored. I will also address those doors in the next release.

I will also readdress respawn times as well for the second round.

How were people's pings, by the way? I didn't hear any complaints about optimization this time around.

You guys liked the final point. That's good. What could I improve there (besides doors)?
Any other changes that could be installed in A3 as well as some cosmetic changes as well.