A question about custom textures/models

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Vander, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I should probably know this, but I've never actually gotten to the point where I have a map ready for testing.

I have some custom textures in my map (specifically the Swamp textures/models and some custom dev textures) and am wondering what will they look like to someone who doesn't have these?

Do I need to pakrat them or do something special so they show up properly for my testers?

2. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    textures will get the purple/back checkers and models will get a giant ERROR replacement.

Just Pakrat any custom content that's in your map with pakrat and it'll be all good.

Basicly if the content in the map isnt in the GCF then pak it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    just wondering...how have you managed to never see the purple checkers before? Just lucky?

Oh and unless pakrat was updated or something you probably need to ensure the model textures get added...as I recall it not doing that automatically

4. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Until Pakrat screws up and people see purple checkerboards and ERROR models anyway... I've had it corrupt things twice for me now.

5. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    ya ive heard some of problems with pakrat. My guess is either redownload it and reinstall java or just downgrade to an ealryver version to see if that fixes the problem.