Votes: 48 71.6%
  • HDR off

Votes: 19 28.4%

• Total voters

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I think it's one thing to turn HDR off by choice, it's another thing entirely to have HDR off because you don't have a choice. Those are the people I'm more interested in regards to this issue. If it's competitive gaming and players are turning their settings low purposely, they understand they're giving up visual quality and it's not my problem, like grazr implies. What this poll was more for was people who just can't have HDR due to hardware limitation, so it's really my fault for not being specific enough in the poll.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Pure pie-in-the-sky theory: LDR/HDR will not mean the difference between people loving or hating your map. Turn HDR off until you're about in release-candidate territory to save on filesize.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
Pure pie-in-the-sky theory: LDR/HDR will not mean the difference between people loving or hating your map. Turn HDR off until you're about in release-candidate territory to save on filesize.
This. Getting your map played requires first appealing to server operators. They love small file sizes.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
Bunch of people will consider your map as 'bad' just because you don't have HDR support on it, and call 'good' an orange textured map with HDR.
Priority should be what casual gamers enjoy as the competitive scene is a tiny percentage of the giant TF2 population.

CookieMaster

L1: Registered
Jun 20, 2011
I always have it off i dont know why though